Associate Professional, Information Security-PHL
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 57555
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The focus of the L1 – Event Analyst / Associate Professional is to monitor and respond to security events from security systems. To execute this, you will need to have an exposure and understanding of security technologies. Ingram Micro is a fast-paced environment, so to be successful you will need to be pro-active individual, take direction well, communicate succinctly, and collaborate effectively
- One or more years of full-time professional experience in the Information Security field
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC), Managed Security Service (MSS), or enterprise network environment
- Answer incoming calls and monitor various email accounts and act according to SOC procedures and process
- Proactively identify and remediate threats occurring in the environment
- Participate in the day-to-day security operations monitoring and response from the Security Operations Center.
- Ability to generate comprehensive written reports and recommendations
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and ask probing questions to find the root cause or a problem
- Willing to work in shift schedule (12-hour shift, 2-2-3 schedule)
- Queue management of security events
- Demonstrate use and understanding of security technologies such as Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) & Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
- Evaluate, respond, and mitigate alerts that originate from the SIEM and the security tools
- Familiarity with SANS top 20 critical security controls
- Familiarity with MITRE ATT&CK
- Basic understanding of vulnerability assessment tools
Certifications & Knowledge
- General security knowledge (Security+, GSEC or other security Certifications)