Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands, providing more ways to realize the promise of technology®. We are an integral part of the technology ecosystem, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
Our challenge is to use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, and/or update complex and extremely powerful systems. Our customers and partners need applications that enable them to easily operate and expand their businesses. Ingram Micro is a $54B revenue a year company, with $5B of that revenue going through our team's eCommerce web site.
Ingram Micro is seeking a Manager, Platform Engineering who has demonstrated technical knowledge and coordination experience and can leverage their skillset to implement Flexible Subscriptions Engine (FSE) and collaborate with business and technical teams. They must be a quick learner and love challenging themselves to constantly raise the bar. This opportunity requires strong problem-solving skills, an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication as they deliver efficient, well designed, and tested software for a positive user experience. Innovative thinking and well-designed products with an emphasis on performance are a necessity to give our customers the best experience possible.
Provides technical application strategy and support. Responsible for designing and solving complex technical issues related to the resolution of business problems and opportunities. Designs, develops, implements, and maintains major and/or mission critical applications. Provides technical expertise and acts as a technical resource and mentor for the application development team. Accepts individual/ team responsibilities and meets commitments. Creative in delivering value to application solutions and customer/user requests.
Manages Resources with Systems Development and Implementation expertise:
- Manages team with focus on ensuring platform issues are prioritized and resolved according to SLA’s
- Designs, develops, maintains, and modifies application programs of high degree of complexity and scope. May include problem analysis and systems design prior to development of programs.
- Prepares components of assignments for review and production implementation and evaluates those from others for quality control. To include program comparisons, detailed test results, user/technical/operational documentation, rerun/restart procedures, and other pertinent information.
- Provides leadership for design and development considerations, guidance, and knowledge.
- Evaluate estimates from OSP as being reasonable or in line with expectations. Conduct code reviews of OSP developed deliverables. Ensures quality standards are adhered. Reviews test results of OSP deliverables
- Executes the Systems Development Methodology (SDM) for medium to large projects. Ensures all systems development adheres to and maintains current applications development standards and methodologies.
- Develops and maintains project work plan for own projects.
- Creates detailed programming specifications/documentation with consideration to efficiency and ease of long-term maintenance.
- Systems development should consider coding/development across multiple platforms/applications and global requirements/functionality and may involve databases across multiple platforms.
- Applies understanding and expertise in cross-platform connectivity to work assignments.
- Utilized as a resource by other groups within the department, outside of their primary Subject Matter Expertise (SME) area. Can effectively participate on cross-functional teams.
- Understands Security issues as they pertain to system design and server placement.
- Possesses a detailed knowledge of infrastructure in general, the Ingram infrastructure in particular, and the steps necessary to deploy a system within that infrastructure.
- Oversees activities completed by partners and outsourced personnel
- Provides technical leadership to a virtual team, comprised of members from all over the world
Percent of time in this area 60%
Systems Analysis and Design
- Independently analyzes business problems and operational data from one or more sources to formulate solutions of significant complexity. Responsible for identifying various technical/application alternatives and clearly defining user specifications.
- Analysis typically includes design of new programs of significant complexity and scope or complex changes to existing programs. May involve design outside of subject matter expertise. Expected to be able to research processes and programs never seen before.
- Deep knowledge of business processes and CloudBlue Platforms such as Commerce and Connect
- Provide insights and participate on decisions regarding design and testing related to the CB Commerce platform
- Use, apply and share the unique experience and understanding of the CB Commerce platform with other FSE teams
- Develop deeper knowledge of other key component(s) of the FSE solution
- Participate in design reviews and feature acceptance meetings
- Coordinate with business Subject Matter Experts (SME)s and technical teams to ensure key business needs are met and that there is alignment between both business and technical teams throughout the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) once business needs are prioritized
- Expertise in interpreting information which requires the research, development, and testing of new methods and/or concepts of analysis.
- Possesses working level understanding of specific business unit(s) functions, business processes, products/services, and general operations, in order to optimize technical solutions.
- Creative in delivering value and carefully researched alternatives and system solutions to address customer/user requests.
- Designs should be efficient, allow for flexibility, and consider cross-platform usage and global requirements/functionality.
- Initiates and leads design reviews for own projects or other projects within the team.
- Participates in design reviews for projects outside of direct responsibility.
- Develop requirements and design documentation for OSP teams to use as input to their development process. Conduct design review meetings with OSP to review design specs and clarify questions
- During new process design, considers various options and platforms such as: mainframe online systems, client-server, midrange, and web-based internet, intranet, or extranet-based applications. Internal system enhancement and new application packaged software should also be considered.
- Research into new solutions self-initiated. Recommendations should be referred to supervisors before continuing work.
Percent of time spent in this area 10%
Applications Maintenance & Support
- Works towards implementing efficiencies and improving the current processes or system.
- Resolves technical issues and analyzes or develops solutions for application programs outside primary application knowledge.
- Independently researches and solves problems that are vague and unidentified with little or no relationship to available data.
- Independently researches and solves problems where precedents may be absent and unique solutions are required.
- May be required to provide technical leadership and direction in critical situations.
- Adheres to ITIL practices and is well-versed in Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change Management.
Percent of time spent in this area 20%
Applications Strategy and Consulting
- Keeps up-to-date on trends and developments in the marketplace and relevant technological and application areas.
- Proficient in CloudBlue Platforms
- Applies comprehensive understanding of Ingram Micro’s core businesses.
- Performs necessary investigation, analysis, and evaluation of new technology solutions related to a specific applications area to resolve business problems, realize process improvements, or upgrade/leverage existing technology.
- Actively looks for opportunities to positively impact existing methods, services, or products.
- Actively mentors and assists junior developers (internal and OSP associates) with analysis, design, development, and implementation tasks. Actively teaches internal junior developers primary application development tools/platform and functional business processes and requirements.
- Responsible for acting as a technical consultant on general projects for the department.
- Defines, documents, publishes, and educates others on solutions and standards for applications.
- SAP BRIM, MS Dynamics CRM, TIBCO and Seeburger are a plus
- Domain knowledge in OSS/BSS/ecommerce
- Any engineering experience for a complex microservice solution based on Kubernetes
- Administration knowledge and experience of Cloudblue products
Percent of time spent in this area 10%
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, Science and Math or related discipline with an IT emphasis is required.
- Minimum 9 years experience in major projects and systems development required.
- Knowledge of State of the art computer hardware and software. Technology concepts of on-line interactive systems, database designs, and/or client/server environments.
- Skill in Systems developments, implementation in on-line interactive systems. Understanding new technology and applications of same.
- Communicates effectively by expressing technical concepts and information well both orally and in writing. Prepares formal technology evaluations and proposals.
- Accepts individual/team responsibilities and meets commitments. Takes responsibility for own performance and actions.
- Creative in delivering values to systems solutions and customer/user requests. Anticipates and accepts change by capitalizing on opportunities that arise.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio and Project desired
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.