Who are we?
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology™—helping them maximize the value of the technology that they make, sell or use.
The company supports global operations by way of an extensive sales and distribution network throughout North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific:
- Local sales offices and/or representatives in 64 countries
- 190 logistics centers worldwide
- Representing over 1,700 major suppliers in the IT field.
- Serving more than 200,000 customers in approximately 160 countries
We are proud to say that No other company delivers as broad and deep a spectrum of technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world.
You will be a very important asset to the team where you will be responsible of direct control of purchasing and imports of quality product and services to support the sales and marketing teams in their targets within the annual operating plan through effective and controlled inventory management. You will also be ensuring all reporting, and returns are actioned within company and vendor deadlines. You will be the person who monitors the fill rate and stock levels to make sure that they are sustained at defined levels with the shortest lead-time and minimum landed costs.
What value are you going to add to Ingram Micro:
- You will be raising and physical placement of orders as per agreed purchasing schedule
- You will Expedite shipments
- You will handle sales order backlog management to ensure maximum fill rates
- You will communicate vendor backlog dates on the system and to PM and ST
- You are going to be responsible on imports for short shipments, damages etc – their escalation and resolution
- You will liase with insurers along with logistics manager on short shipments
- You will follow table of authorization for purchasing
- You will be responsible for classification of stocks and editing as necessary
- You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining lead times
- You will set up logistics for new vendors and liase with Logistics teams
- You are going to be responsible for freight from the origin to JBL warehouse or customer location if direct ship
- You will follow import procedures
- You are going to be responsible for landed costs along with Logistics and Finance
- You will be sending timely reporting and monthly reports to maximize rebates
- You will follow rotations procedure for assessing rotation profitability
- You will liase with Products marketing and vendors to finalize rotations
- You will liase with logistics manager for correct rotation procedures
- You will complete rotation timetable and owns this until company receive credit note
- You will handle the completion of destruction if the rotation is not applicable
- You will be entering new part numbers and following part number procedures
- You will complete control of average costs adjustment either on ageing or PP claims
- You will handle data entry of backlog dates and ensure customer service are informed of delays for large deals
- You will update contract on file and liase with vendor and PM to renegotiate if applicable
- You will be maintaining latest & signed contract in vendor contract file and summary sheet
Here's what it takes to be one of the team:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in purchasing, supply chain or related
- You have 6 months to 4 year of experience in Purchasing role
- You are Fluent in English language
- You are result and Details Oriented
- You have a customer Impact top of mind mindset
What's in it for you?
You will get a great opportunity to be part of the ambitious plans we have for growing one of the most important parts of our organization. We will support you in your professional and personal development, by providing you with access to LinkedIn Learning and many high-quality training courses to increase your technical knowledge and expertise. You will also get the opportunity to work with passionate team members and stay connected as one family.
Ingram Micro is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where all associates are valued, respected and supported. We are highly driven by our tenets of successes: Results, Integrity, Imagination, Responsibility, Courage and Talents.