Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Ingram Micro is looking for a strong Assistant Security Technical Trainer to assist with instructional design, curriculum development and training delivery for our new Information Security upskilling program. Knowledge of adult learning principles and experience with computer-based and in-person training delivery, program measurement, and learning management systems is required.
SPECIFIC JOB SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
Describe the specific scope, responsibilities, and requirements for this position. Ensure consistency with the global level definitions above. This section may be copied into Jobvite to provide more information for the recruiter.
This position will be pivotal in assisting in the creation and delivery of several sophisticated, technical, and hands-on learning paths for role-based training in our Information Security organization using existing content and training platforms and creating original training content.
This role will support the development of role-based content to educate and enable team members in various Information Security functions. This individual contributor role blends both project management and execution skills, and reports to our General Manager, InfoSec Service Delivery in India, with a dotted line to our Information Security Awareness Manager.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirements
Provide the education, experience, skills and competencies necessary to perform the position. Indicate whether these qualifications are required or preferred.
• Create, write, and deliver internal Information Security-focused role-based training
• Exceptional verbal and presentation skills
• Training delivery fluency in one or more native languages and English is preferred
• Proficient using MS Office products and MS Teams, Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia, Articulate and other editing and video creation tools
• Proficiency in Security tools covering defense in depth approach preferred
• Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
• Undergraduate degree from recognized university required
• 4-6 years’ direct and demonstrated teaching experience in technical training, and learning and development curriculum creation (preferably in IT/Cybersecurity)
• Must have experience in designing, creating and maintaining relevant labs for training needs
Indicate any information that would be helpful in understanding the nature, scope or purpose of the position such as travel requirements or the need to be on site during business hours as well as any unusual or hazardous conditions associated with performing the position.
• Liaise with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand education and training objectives, and topics
• Ensure communication for required training and education is aligned with Infosec communication standards
• Monitor and evaluate metrics to encourage participation, manage learner success, and measure effectiveness of training program
• Identify any issues related to training as they arise; prepare recommendations to address the issue in a timely manner and implement as appropriate