We are looking for an experienced cloud engineer to work with our engineering team to develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions. You will be responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure.
To be successful as a cloud engineer, you should be able to identify the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our clients and maintain cloud infrastructures in accordance with best practices and company security policies. A top-notch cloud engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and should be a team player.
Cloud Engineer Responsibilities:
· Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
· Modifying and improving existing systems.
· Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives.
· Designing, developing, and deploying modular cloud-based systems.
· Developing and maintaining cloud solutions in accordance with best practices.
· Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
· Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
· Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
· Interacting with clients, providing cloud support, and making recommendations based on client needs.
Cloud Engineer Requirements:
Excellent technical abilities are the most vital skill for cloud operations engineers. Relevant technical skills and knowledge can include the following: cloud methodologies like PaaS and SaaS; programming languages like Python; orchestration systems such as Chef; Azure IaaS servers; PowerShell scripting. Strong communication skills to create and share best work processes with teammates. Have effective project management abilities to successfully oversee an organization's information technology business initiatives.
· Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent experiences.
· At least 4 years of experience in the field of cloud computing.
· 3+ years Python experience
· 3+ years Terraform experiences (Automating Cloud Native Infrastructure plus. Building and customizing large modules.)
· 3+ years using revision control (git) and collaboration platforms (GitHub, BitBucket, AzureDevOps)
· Understanding of CI/CD deployment pipelines
· Experience with Container systems (Docker, Kubernetes) - Deploying and orchestrating containers with terraforms plus
· Experience building CI/CD pipelines end-to-end - Jenkins experience
· Linux and Windows Operating Systems experience
· Google Cloud education/certification
· AWS education/certification
· Large Data Center engineer/operations experience - network, systems, or storage engineering
Disclaimer *The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time or as necessitated by business demands.