Demand Planner, Demand COE/Stat. Planner
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
This role is with Ingram Micro’s Partner Planning group, which is responsible for the Demand Planning and Supply/Replenishment Planning for IM’s US Technology Solutions (USTS) division.
The Partner Planning group in its role as responsible for the demand forecasting for USTS
The Partner Planning group has undertaken the creation of a Demand Center of Excellence (COE). The COE staff will serve as demand planning domain experts for the demand planning function, improving forecast accuracy, driving standardization and advancing demand planning capabilities. Primary responsibilities include:
- Execution and monitoring of the statistical planning processes. This includes statistical forecast tuning and outlier monitoring and correction.
- Monitoring and reporting on overall trends in accuracy, identifying opportunities for improvement and working with demand planners to take advantage of opportunities.
- Identifying and executing on opportunities to improve capabilities including design, training and rollout of solutions, both technical and process.
This role is a subject matter expert for the organization, requiring a broad knowledge of SnOP and demand-planning, well-developed analytical skills and excellent communication skills. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of developing and maintaining collaborative cross-functional relationships and working in groups to advance initiatives.
What you bring to the role
- Proficient in end-to-end planning processes including demand planning, supply planning and SnOP, preferably for a distribution-based business.
- Expert in demand forecasting processes including deep understanding of statistical forecasting and tuning techniques, NPI and EOL techniques.
- Proficient in JDA/BY demand planning tools.
- Expert in Excel and proficient in use of reporting and other analytical tools.
- 5+ years functional experience in a demand planning role.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience designing and developing improvements in either the demand planning or SnOP domains.
- Experience designing and developing KPI monitoring and improvement initiatives.
- Understanding of broad trends in the demand planning field including developments in new process and technologies.
- Supply chain/operations certifications including APICS, Lean or similar.