Sr. Professional, Data Visualization Development
This job posting is no longer active.
Chennai, TN, India
Job ID: 58170
Data continues to transform organizations. We are recruiting a data visualization developer to help us build and activate a global data warehouse to enable instant access to answer business problems.
The ideal candidate is a data developer who can meet with business stakeholders, understand the problems they are trying to solve, then go and solve them. We are working to make data accessible by creating meaningful data visualization products to enable technical and non-technical stakeholders from all areas of the business to leverage insights to make smarter decisions.
- Ability to meet with stakeholders and understand business problems. Communication and willingness to assert yourself is key
- Work with large datasets. Knowledge of data visualization tools. We are using the Looker and BigQuery
- Experience storytelling with data. Showing data is not our objective; we will think through the best mechanisms and visualizations to enable our stakeholders to consume information and take action. The ideal candidate will have experience in testing various UX options to stakeholders.
- Create data products to optimize visualization performance and minimize data egress
- Develop and maintain internal self-service universe to access curated metrics. Includes maintenance of data sets and security access roles.
- Develop access to data. This includes adding logic layers in the semantic data models (LookML) and visualizations (Looker). These skills are SQL based
- Focus on accuracy. Knowledge of data sets and models to know if logic is accurate and willingness to QA own work. Familiarity with the business to be able to evaluate if final products align and make sense with our business
- Be curious. What business problems can we solve with data? How can analytics or data science make our organization better? How can we make insights more accessible and challenge our business to ask more questions without worrying about ‘how’ to get answers?
- We can teach you tools, we can’t teach you attitude and thought process. If you’re unfamiliar with the tools we’re using, show us how you’ve learned what you do know, we believe you can get up to speed quickly
Tools We Use:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Big Query (SQL-Based)
- MS Office Suite
What you bring to the role:
- Master’s degree in quantitative discipline (Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or Econometrics) and 2 years of experience OR Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field with 5-10 years relevant experience
- Experience in analysis of large data sets and building reports in data visualization tools including Looker, PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, MicroStrategy
- Experience with query languages and managing projects where a relational database was built and used for analysis
- Experience in analysis of large data sets, identifying trends and patterns, and effectively communicating both internally and externally
- Experience with Modeling Techniques (linear regression, logistic regression, decision tree), Query Languages (SQL, Python), Automation (SQL Stored Procedures, SSIS, APIs), Reporting (Excel, .Net, Microstrategy)
- Must have managed at least one project in which a relational database was built and utilized for analysis.