Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands reaching nearly 90 percent of the world’s population. Our market reach, diverse solutions portfolio, and digital platform Ingram Micro Xvantage™ set us apart. We have approximately 27,000 associates committed to serving our more than 161,000 customers and 1,500 vendor partners worldwide. Learn more at www.ingrammicro.com.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
This position resides at our corporate headquarters in Irvine, California and has the opportunity for hybrid work with a few days remote per week.
WHAT MAKES THE TEAM UNIQUE:
The broader team supports the company on a global scale with local and country regulations.
- Assist with developing, refining and implementing best practice processes and work instructions around product classification, licensing, recordkeeping and auditing/report, ensuring the implementation of internal controls meet the current and changing S. export control laws and regulations.
- Review and release transactions on hold throughout the day.
- Determine HTS and ECCN for a wide range of products across multiple industries.
- Identify, prepare and apply for export licenses and CCATS.
- Create, maintain, train and audit compliance procedures especially when there are regulatory changes.
- Act as subject matter expert for the company and answer questions and resolve issues. Continually question processes and metrics
- Determine classifications by reviewing product technical specifications, literature and CCATS obtained online or provided by the supplier.
- Utilize the Tariff Schedule, the Commerce Control List, CROSS rulings and vendor supplied classification information, to research and determine classification and encryption level.
- Apply consistent methodology when assigning a Harmonized Tariff Schedule number across similar product and product families.
- Update and maintain item master in various ERP systems.
- For configured items, review the Bill of Material, identifying the ECCN for each component to determine the final ECCN and encryption level for the item.
- Request the vendor’s Encryption Registration Number (ERN) and CCATS when necessary.
- Monitor the ERP systems for order holds.
- Notify appropriate business units regarding holds and follow up until order can be released.
- Monitor and analyze aging and other reports. Using metrics and reports to analyze changes in behavior and to improve processes.
- Review completed Restricted Product Certificate and determine if end-user is government, if shipment requires an export license or if a license exception can be applied.
- Research, collect information and prepare export license applications via SNAP-R. Backup Sr.
- Update systems with the license information, maintain records and acknowledgement of Riders & Conditions.
- Determine when a license exception can be used.
- Perform RPL screening by reviewing the legal citations and via analysis of the data determine if party is a true match.
- Classify items(s) and update item master if required. Submit encryption and other reports to the government.
- Helps develop, maintain and monitor internal compliance programs, department polices, desktop instructions, and training materials.
- Perform periodic reviews of processes and documents for all Ingram sites.
- Develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic areas/issues raised or noticed during a review. Assist in creating test scripts and
YOUR KEYS TO SUCCESS:
- Bachelors degree or 5 years experience in export administration.
- A minimum of 5 years of export administration experience
- Strong knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations, OFAC Sanction Regulations and controls
- Strong ECCN and HTS classification skills including experience with encryption technology
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Preferred knowledge of GTS or other trade automation systems.
- Must have a business-oriented, pragmatic approach to challenges that arise in a fast-paced environment.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check.
The typical base pay range for this role in Irvine, California is: $72,500(MIN) - $94,200 (MID) - $116,000 (MAX).
The ranges above reflect the potential annual base pay across the U.S. for all roles; the applicable base pay range will depend on the candidate’s primary work location, pay grade, and variable compensation plan. Individual base pay within each range depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time of hire. New hires starting base pay generally falls in the bottom half (between the minimum and midpoint) of a pay range.
At Ingram Micro certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonus or sales incentives and long-term incentives. These awards are allocated based on position level and individual performance. U.S.-based employees have access to healthcare benefits, paid time off, parental leave, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and wellbeing benefits, among others.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.