Sr. Manager IT Project Management
This job posting is no longer active.
Irvine, CA, United States
Job ID: 58500
Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands, providing more ways to realize the promise of technology®. We are an integral part of the technology ecosystem, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
- Responsible for planning and managing programs/large projects to meet product delivery, quality, customer service, cost and revenue goals.
- Reviews requirements, identifies tasks, assigns and coordinates resources and creates/tracks project schedules.
- Manage a team of project managers and oversee all projects
- Review, maintain and update PMIO processes
- Ensures clear communication and timely resolution of issues.
- May participate in the development of strategies pertaining to program.
What you bring to the role:
- Manages a team of project managers
- Manage a portfolio of projects and programs within the application development space
- Focus on policy and strategy implementation of operational plans. Problems faced may be difficult to moderately complex. Influences other outside of own job area regarding policies, process and procedures. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Manage a very large project/program or multiple small projects across multiple groups within and outside IT.
- Manage day-today activities of assigned projects and oversee progress of all portfolio projects through subordinate project managers
- Manage and monitor the budget, tracks it till closure.
- Lead daily SCRUM/stand up meetings, tracks project progress
- Generate various project metrics, analytics and report
- Provide input in defining operation plans and strategies.
- Provide input into strategic decisions that impact functional area. Manages subordinate professional staff
- Work toward objectives established by upper levels of management. Recommend and implement departmental specific procedures.
- Provide input to strategic decisions that affect functional area of responsibility.
- Uses interpersonal skills to influence customers, suppliers and other comparable level managers.
- A four year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field).
- Minimum of a 4 year degree and 8 years functional experience including a minimum of 5 years position specific experience.
- 15+ years of overall IT project management experience and of which at least 5 years of experience managing a PMO organization or project managers
- Strong experience managing large projects across multiple groups. Must have experience working with IT, business groups and external vendors/agencies
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.