Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands, providing more ways to realize the promise of technology®. We are an integral part of the technology ecosystem, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
The Executive Director of Engineering for Digital Platforms will be responsible for Customer digital platforms, S/He will have broader primary responsibility for setting up and executing the global customer platform strategy for Ingram Micro XvantageTM platforms in the areas of architecture, design, development, and support that will span across the globe. The Executive Director of Engineering for Digital Platforms will collaborate closely with the Digital product management, Enterprise Architecture, and the Global Infrastructure and security teams to align the delivery of global customer solution for Ingram Micro XvantageTM .
- Accountable for the execution of Ingram Micro XvantageTM customer digital platform strategy & roadmap globally.
- Accountable for Ingram Micro XvantageTM customer API Platform strategy & roadmap
- Accountable for Ingram Micro XvantageTM customer Mobile Platform strategy & roadmap
- Participates in the ongoing development of the Ingram Micro XvantageTM customer platforms and roadmap.
- Responsible for building technical operations to support global Ingram Micro XvantageTM customer rollout
- Accountable for platform engineering delivery process and the alignment of resources with the Ingram Micro XvantageTM customer strategy.
- As part of the Digital organization, this position engages with Sales, Marketing, Security and Infrastructure and Operations to increase sales and profit from all Ingram Micro XvantageTM customer-based business.
- Accountable for expense savings tied to improved Ingram Micro XvantageTM customer capabilities and internal operational efficiencies.
- Accountable for leadership of local and remote project management and development teams to deliver high quality Ingram Micro XvantageTM customer solutions in a time- and cost-optimized manner.
- Partners with GIS to oversee the development teams in the US, the development centers in India and Manila and elsewhere to deploy, enhance, and maintain Ingram Micro XvantageTM customer platform’s, mobile platform, and API platform.
What you bring to the role:
- BS in related field and at least 15 years’ experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 10 years management and strategic experience in this field. Preferred MBA/MS in related filed with 10 years’ experience, 7 of which must be managerial and strategic.
- Proven leadership and experience in building and maintaining B2C eCommerce platforms and online marketplaces. Must have end-to-end experience in all facets of digital delivery.
- Preferred experience in the wholesale Distribution Industry and or relevant consulting leadership experience. Distribution specific experience in large scale data analysis and customer segments including but not limited to SMB (Small and Medium Business), Retail, Etail, Telco and Corporate (VAR).
- Experience leading and deploying online and digital capabilities through scrum and agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management with teams domestically and internationally.
- Proven leadership and experience in leading global teams of 150+ team members.
- Ability to lead local and remote teams through development of, and delegation to, direct reports.
- Create and lead a supportive team-oriented work climate that enables business team members to develop professionally and that values diversity, promotes teamwork and collaboration and emphasizes quality, customer satisfaction, creativity, and cost effectiveness.
- Experience running innovation programs; proven and provocative thought leader.
- Familiarity with ERP solutions (SAP preferred), supply chain and CRM.
- Seasoned experience in Matrix management organizations with proven ability to manage and drive implementation and change.
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience in solution and proposal design and evaluation. Including but not limited to RFP creation and responses.
- Demonstrated and proven experience in Program Governance, Prioritization, Integration Testing, Quality assurance in large scale system deployments in distribution channels and IT industry
- A culture of and behaviors that reflect continuous improvement is a must.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.