Executive Director & CFE - China
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Job ID: 59914
Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands, providing more ways to realize the promise of technology®. We are an integral part of the technology ecosystem, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in China! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
In China, our main headquarters is in Shanghai, where you will be based out of.
A successful CFE will be fluent in Mandarin and English and provide financial oversight and action-oriented leadership for the line of business finance strategy and operations required to support the attainment of performance to plan. In this role, the successful CFE will be a trusted, courageous, process-oriented, strategic, and operational business partner to the chief executive for the China business operations, providing critical financial decision support to help maximize the financial results for the business.
Financial & Business Acumen -
- Provide meaningful, impactful, and actionable plans, forecasts, analyses and reporting to assist executive management in determining direction, strategy, and tactics to improve results.
- Responsible for oversight of the Finance, Accounting, Credit/Collections functions, and advanced supply chain planning.
- Drive lean, continuous process improvement to create efficiency and cost reduction.
- Ensure that the financial information accurately reflects the state of the business in accordance with the principles of Corporate Governance. ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Ensure compliance with all reporting obligations to local authorities.
- Administer the financial resources of the company, planning financing needs and management of debt.
- Manage the business metrics optimizing the use of the Working Capital: DSO, DIO and DPO, working with the business areas for this.
- Lead financial aspects of potential M&A activity.
Deliver Results -
- Deliver committed results within Ingram Micro’s compliance guidelines.
- Excellence in execution of financial performance and customer satisfaction, e.g., P&L and balance sheet management, revenue growth, margin/revenue mix, net income, working capital, overall OPEX management, ROIC, ROWC and Return on Equity, with appropriate controls.
- Leadership skills to drive financial performance, to develop a comprehensive, multi-year strategic plan, gain alignment, accountability and motivate cross-functional teams to deliver sustained short and long-term results.
- Partner with corporate and country functions to assess develop, and broker, the functional expertise needed to support the execution of business strategies; ops, purchasing, IS, HR, legal, and shared services.
Create a Winning Culture -
- Foster a high-performance culture through exceptional leadership, engagement strategies and talent development.
- Drive change by being operationally focused to understanding how processes work, cost drivers and credit/financing opportunities.
Partner with the Business -
- Partner with business leaders to drive value and insight that enables achievement of key financial objectives.
- Strategic and operational business partner to the Country Chief Executive (and other stakeholders) providing critical financial decision support to maximize the financial results of the country.
- Reliable partner by the Senior Leadership Teams and WW Finance Community. The role will need to work very closely with Country Commercial and back-office teams, HQ Finance, Legal, other CFE’s.
What you bring to the role: in qualifications:
- 10+ years of directly related work experience, including forecasting and budgeting in a multi-national company (MNC)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- MBA or CPA strongly preferred
- Big 4 experience required
- Experience with corporate governance
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, internal control policies and procedures
- Expertise in financial planning and analysis, including analysis, forecasting, planning, reporting, and developing financial models.
- Proven leader and collaborator who has demonstrated strong energy in ambiguous situations.
Professional Skills & Characteristics:
- Be agile and flexible to anticipate and/or respond to rapid change, attention to detail, manage relationships, set challenging, yet achievable goals and create action to meet them.
- Executive presence, professional maturity, and diplomacy skills to inspire trust within the organization.
- Influence, networking, and collaboration skills to manage interdependency between global, local/function and BU’s while sharing best practices.
- An out of the box thinker with ability to figure out how to successfully achieve goals while maintaining financial integrity.
- A true business partner who works effectively with others in the organization to successfully achieve results.
* Position may require occasional travel
* Must be fluent in Mandarin and English