Sr. Backup Engineer
Job ID: 59926
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Backup Administrator is a mid-level position that are responsible to support the day-to-day backup operations within the Enterprise Data Center as a member of the Backup and Recovery team. The Backup and Recovery team provides data backup and recovery services for all servers and databases within the Enterprise Data Centers. The Backup Administrator is also responsible for the daily operations of the Enterprise Data Center backup infrastructure environment and must have advanced knowledge in supporting Rubrik, Tapeless/Cloud Backup, Veritas NetBackup DataDomain, Tape Library and Veeam.
The Backup Administrator must demonstrate technology competency and ownership ensuring reliability, availability, serviceability, scalability and high performing solutions in the enterprise backup environment. Must be able to enhance work processes and document operational procedures for the entire support team and to ensure all backups are completed successfully within the required backup window. Responsibilities include reviewing daily reports on the status of backup jobs and providing management with dashboards that provide visibility in to the overall operation and performance of the backup environment.
- Must possess a Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any related course
- Minimum of 5 years of backup related experience.
- Will be required to support enterprise-wide, backup systems with little support or assistance
- Solid understanding of EMC, HDS and IBM storage technologies (hardware and software utilities)
- Data protection & backup recovery solutions familiarity such as using virtual tape, disk to disk to tape, data replication
- Strong understanding of SAN/NAS Storage performance diagnosis and trending
- Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action
- Genuine desire to provide superior customer service
- Will be required to participate in 24*7 on call support
- Strong communication and leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to lead and influence technical professionals across the enterprise
- Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with senior management and technical subject matter experts
- Experience working with Service Now (incident, request, change & problem management.
- Intermediate skills in designing, implementing and operating backup solutions with Tapeless/Cloud Backup, Data Domain, tape, and backup software (Rubrik, NetBackup, VEEAM, CommVault, etc.)
- Hands on experience in migration using VPLEX and NAS replication.
- Strong understanding of ITIL service support and service delivery Key
- Knowledgeable on Operating System administration (Windows/Linux)
- virtual machine configuration/administration through VMwareVMware knowledge
- Good understanding of networking technologies and protocols
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
- Support daily backup operations.
- Provide Support and Engineering for all backup related products, solutions or processes
- Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations
- Coordinate the maintenance and management of the backup environment with both off-shore and on-shore team members
- Cultivate, support, and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, and teamwork.
- Act as a role model and change agent by providing leadership and direction for team members.
- Work with business representatives, IT Management, IT development, support teams (on-shore/off-shore) and vendors to ensure on time resolution of customer impacting incidents
- Cultivate an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, and teamwork among the design engineers, implementation engineers and support engineers