Sr. Disaster Recovery Specialist
Job ID: 59904
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Candidate will manage day to day functions related to creating and maintaining the business continuity plans for all Ingram Micro Disaster Recover sites with a goal of Minimizing business interruptions, and ensuring the continuity of business in the event of a disaster. Responsibilities
- Candidate will interface with application teams and other infrastructure teams to ensure the Business continuity plan is maintained.
- Coordinate and develop Disaster recovery plans/playbooks
- Cross train teams on new DR technologies and uses within the company.
- Perform DR tests in multiple sites.
- Maintain Cloud based DR technology
- Implement best practices to sustain strategic planning initiatives.
- Validate Disaster Recovery processes.
- Document detailed playbooks to be followed during Disaster Recovery tests or exercises.
- Champion significant projects when needed.
- Assist junior staff members with aspects of their job, provide lower level leadership through knowledge in the area of expertise.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
- Candidate must possess a high aptitude to troubleshoot, diagnose and correct connectivity problems and assist Application groups with isolating problems.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and gain deeper understandings of inter application dependencies.
- Strong Verbal and Written skills with the ability to maintain accurate and detailed documentation for step by step procedures.
- An understanding of disk replication technologies.
- Basic understanding of backup systems and their replication and recovery methods.
- Individuals with a customer focus have developed the acumen to cultivate and develop lasting customer relations.
- Four year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field). Minimum 5 years functional experience including a minimum of 3 years specific experience.
- Ability to make significant contribution to processes and systems.