Vendor Business Manager - IBM
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Job ID: 60278
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Hybrid Work Culture (2 days office,3 days home)
- Base yourself in Sydney
We are Ingram Micro:
By joining us, you make Ingram Micro’s contribution a reality: helping businesses grow, supporting industries from healthcare to education with their technology, or even connecting the world.
It is no surprise that technology powers the planet. But what might surprise you is that Ingram Micro can reach more than 90% of the global population.
About the Role:
The Vendor Business Manager (IBM) is responsible for the profitability of assigned vendor line(s) and business segments or projects. They will provide input on promotions, product launches, and suggestive selling.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Developing and facilitating profitable partnerships and strategic management of the vendor relationship.
- Developing and execute strategic business plans for a particular vendor covering multiple routes to market.
- Understanding vendors key initiatives, assisting category manager with products and markets served.
- Drive marketing initiatives delivering strong ROI.
- Act as a resource to the organization as a vendor expert. Recommend new opportunities for incremental sale. Offer feedback on the competition.
- Negotiate terms and conditions, rebate structure, buy-in and deals.
- Determine parameters for inventory stocking strategy, return of product, forecasting, payment decisions, Excess & Obsolete inventory management and priority allocation.
- Serve as elevation point for buy backs and customer return allowances.
What You’ll Bring
We are looking for someone who can drive Ingram Micro’s value proposition and further cement our position of Market Leaders.
The successful incumbent will possess relevant industry experience. Additionally, they will have:
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate favorable terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of technology products and distribution channels.
- Knowledge of Ingram's business practices, processes and systems is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of general computer applications (Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel) required.
- Strong negotiation skills. Proven sales skills and working experience in developing business plans required.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and understand/communicate complex financial data. Ability to implement recommendations and see projects through to completion.
- Excellent problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
What’s On Offer:
At Ingram Micro, we treat each other with dignity & respect, providing an environment where you are always encouraged to be yourself. We are a collaborative team who like to challenge the status quo and constantly look for better ways to serve our colleagues & customers. Some of our benefits include:
- Genuine Career Progression Pathways
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Flexible Working Environment
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Staff Purchase Policy, Benefits Scheme & Birthday Leave
- Wellness programs
- Work from home allowance
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of click “Apply”.
What is in it for you? Well, we take great care of our people, everyone is made to feel welcome, and opportunities to grow apply to all. But the prospect of shaping the future through technology is something you are unlikely to find anywhere else.
Let’s shape tomorrow.