· Working within the UK business and reporting to the Site Director you will take overall management responsibility for the specified Business Area. The role involves taking full PL accountability for work stream, Channels and Services within your area, ensuring that budgetary targets are met whilst maintaining world class levels of service delivery to our customers. Strong people management and team development skills are a must, together with a dedication to drive the business forwards, maximizing and developing customer relationships and opening new opportunities to deliver strong overall results for the Business Area.
· An entrepreneurial approach to business and a passion to lead a substantially sized team are a must, combined with strong commercial acumen to understand and drive business area profitability. The ability to identify business opportunities, design solutions to customer needs and successfully execute via your team are also key success drivers for this role, which you will undertake as a prominent member of the Senior Team.
· Responsible directly for all activities of the sales/key accounts within your business area, your customer relationship management skills must be first rate. With the support of the Sales Director you will develop an empathic understanding of customer service needs and the ability to translate those needs into commercially successful, operationally deliverable service processes and achieve the maximum growth within the Business Area through targeted New Business and Farming opportunities.
· In addition to this, you will also work alongside a strong operationally focused finance function which will support you in tracking your areas performance daily against budget targets and in costing new business opportunities. You will also take instruction from the commercial finance function/CFO who will assist you in identifying areas which deliver poor commercial results within your business area.
· A team orientated approach is very much adopted throughout Ingram Micro and as such excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Effectiveness will be measured in terms of actual business service metrics, both financial and operational together with personality traits that help Ingram Micro business as a whole.
· You will champion the development of people and process solutions and be proactive in adopting best practice to enhance Business effectiveness through the successful implementation of new ideas and technologies.