Logistics Associate, Picking/Shipping
This job posting is no longer active.
Greer, SC, United States
Job ID: 60822
Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands, providing more ways to realize the promise of technology®. We are an integral part of the technology ecosystem, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
>>> This is a Full-Time, Direct Hire, Hourly position with starting pay in range of $14.50- includes opportunity for Overtime + BONUS + PTO/Sick Days & our Benefits that start Day 1! <<<
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9am-6pm
- Responsible for the handling, moving, loading/unloading of materials by hand or by using a variety of material handling equipment
- Opens and seals crates, boxes, cartons, and other containers.
- Collects, sorts, stores and distributes materials.
- Process orders from requisitions and dispense stock items.
- May assist in inventory of stock, including stock rotation.
- Responsible for the shipping, receiving and processing of freight according to company policies and procedures.
- Ensures the orderly stocking and/or timely delivery of merchandise.
- Maintains and updates the purchase order system a shipments are received, cancelled, or back ordered.
- Processes inventory paperwork.
- Updates management on all inventory issues on a regular and as-needed basis.
- May participate in activities including kit and bundle breakdown and component sorting.
What you bring to the role:
- Entry-level desire; typically requiring little to no prior experience.
- Ability to follow routine/standard procedures.
- Willingness to be closely supervised.
- Ability to solve routine problems with clear solutions.
- Ability to communicate information that requires little explanation or interpretation.
- Possesses moderate understanding of general aspects of the job.
- Ability to work on assignments that routine in nature, requiring limited judgement.
- Preferred 1 year functional experience.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR INGRAM MICRO
- Medical insurance available immediately upon hire, with no waiting period
- 401K is vested immediately
- Casual work attire, jeans allowed
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Development
- A Company Culture rich in our Vision and Values
- Open Door Policy
- Company Observed Holidays
- Discount Programs that include wellness, technology, retail, and more!
** Must be a US Citizen or legal to work in the US without sponsorship.
***H1B Sponsorship is not available at this time for this position***
Ingram Micro has different annual base pay ranges for each work location and salary grade within the United States. This practice allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets.
Position Grade: 2
Primary Location: SCThe typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $26,200 - $32,800 - $39,300 per year.The ranges above reflect the potential annual base pay across the U.S. for all roles; the applicable base pay range will depend on the candidate’s primary work location, pay grade, and variable compensation plan. Individual base pay within each range depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time of hire. New hires starting base pay generally falls in the bottom half (between the minimum and midpoint) of a pay range.At Ingram Micro certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonus or sales incentives and long-term incentives. These awards are allocated based on position level and individual performance. U.S.-based employees have access to healthcare benefits, paid time off, parental leave, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and wellbeing benefits, among others.Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status. Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.#LI-JR2#LI-Onsite#WayUp