This job posting is no longer active.
Moore, SC, United States
Job ID: 61120
Description Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands, providing more ways to realize the promise of technology®. We are an integral part of the technology ecosystem, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!Position Summary:
Responsible for the day-to-day operation of company facilities. Estimates labor/materials costs for construction repairs. Acts as liaison with outside vendors and suppliers. Assists in reviewing and estimating design costs, labor, materials, and other related costs in facility planning. Assists with developing facilities plans. Works with external vendors as necessary. Ensures adherence to company facility standards. May develop criteria and performance specifications for facilities and equipment to meet operating requirements and building and safety codes. Responsible for reviewing, enhancing and suggesting improvements in the organization’s operational efficiency in regard to environmental conscientiousness. Researches and suggests improvements in facilities operational efficiencies to support the reduction of natural resource consumption. Perform general maintenance and repair duties including light carpentry, basic electrical, HVAC, grounds maintenance, and arranging furniture and partitions. Assist employees with internal moves. May work with specialized outside contractors. May have some formal training in one or more trades.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building and conveyor systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Interpret schematics and equipment manuals.
- Ability to safely operate all aerial, and lift equipment.
- Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Adhere to all safety requirements including lockout procedures. Complete assigned work efficiently and per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Analyze knowledge & process data and make decisions on equipment maintenance and improvement activities.
- Fabrication and welding ability preferred.
- Assist with process improvement and initiate change.
What you bring to the role:
Established and productive individual contributor. Works under moderate supervision. Problems faced are typically routine, but may at times require interpretation or deviation from standard procedures. Makes minor adjustments to working methods. Communicates information that requires explanation or interpretation. Provides administrative or technical support at an intermediate level. Still gaining or have attained full proficiency in their specific area of discipline. Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Works under moderate supervision. May seek the advice of senior personnel in the functional area. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments. High School Diploma or equivalent, 2 year degree preferred. 3 years of general experience or 2 years functional experience. Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro has different annual base pay ranges for each work location and salary grade within the United States. This practice allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets.
Position Grade: 6
Primary Location: SCThe typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $37,000 - $48,100 - $59,200 per year.Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status. Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.