Business Development Manager - HPE
Auckland, New Zealand
Job ID: 61295
Section 1: Identifying Information
Business Development Manager
Positions reporting to this position
Target team size:
New Zealand, Auckland
Section 2: Position Summary
To achieve the revenue & gross margin targets each month set by the Business Manager, whilst developing strong business relationships with Ingram Micro’s resellers. Continuing to develop and grow the channel year on year.
Section 3: Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
Major Responsibility: Develop a monthly call cycle.
- Visit each account within the portfolio as required
- Build relationships with all key contacts in each account and leverage the Business Managers and Account Managers to maximize revenue opportunities for Ingram Micro
- Weekly meetings with Business Manager to review past weeks activity and plan for the following week
- To be reviewed quarterly to ensure max opportunity reached
Major Responsibility: Market Development
- Pro-active Market Development, working with vendor to achieve their and Ingram Micro’s goals
- Develop marketing opportunities and utilize MDF funding
- Joint visits with vendor to add value including training and large deal opportunities
- Weekly reporting to Business Manager on all outbound visits and telephone calls – including pipeline
- Monthly reporting to Business Manager on all managed accounts, achievement vs goals set, issues and competitor activity.
- Business Plans – Plan, implement & review with Business Manager. Quarterly business reviews for each key managed account with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop core range by reseller in consultation with PM team and reseller.
- Ownership of Annual Market Development Plan
- Monthly key account revenue achievement
- Quarterly Plan to be submitted to Business Manager
- Planned and implemented to agreed call cycle quantities
- Completed and submitted weekly and monthly report on time and in full
Major Responsibility: Communication
- Constructive valued participation in all meetings – externally and internally
- Email/telephone management allocation per day for outbound follow up telephone calls.
- As requested, outcomes in agreed time frame
- Company agreed service levels
Major Responsibility: Vendor Relationship
- Participation in external & internal training sessions relating to the industry and specific.
- Pro-actively encourage relationships between vendor and our resellers. Ensuring at all times that Ingram Micro is seen as the conduit for these relationships
- Pro-active planning with vendor – i.e. ‘go to market strategies’ across their product range
- As requested in agreed time frame
- Increase in Ingram Micro New Zealand market share
- Increase in vendor market share
Section 4: Decision Making Authority Level
Decisions free to make:
- The best techniques and sales methods in order to sell product and develop critical business relationships
Explain the decisions that depend on position’s advice:
- The role must work with their team and wider business to develop the best strategies to sell their product and develop relationships with others both internally and externally of Ingram Micro in order to sell in the future.
Section 5: Scope/Dimensions
- Vendor gross margin budget
- No associates report to this position
Section 6: Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- Partners effectively with customers
- Embraces and champions change
- Critically evaluates decision alternatives
- Identifies priorities and plans accordingly
- Uses influence to move ideas forward
- Communicates effectively
- Develops innovative business practices
- Accountable for personal and organizational excellence
- Works as an exceptional team member with internal teammates, and as a virtual team member of the vendor’s sales organization
- Develops strong credible relationships with resellers
Section 7: IM Competencies
- Values-Based Behavior
- Managing the Business
- Advancing the Business
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership Promise
- Business/Management Skills
- Developmental Orientation
Section 8: Other Information
- Show commitment to Health & Safety in accordance with IMNZ’s Health & Safety policy, systems and procedures.
Take all practicable steps to ensure own safety, and no cause of harm to others by action or inaction