Location: Sydney, Australia – Eastern Creek NSW
Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands reaching nearly 90 percent of the world’s population. Our market reach, diverse solutions portfolio, and digital platform Ingram Micro Xvantage™ set us apart. We have approximately 27,000 associates committed to serving our more than 161,000 customers and 1,500 vendor partners worldwide. Learn more at www.ingrammicro.com.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
Responsible for leading the identification, prioritization, and implementation of continuous improvement projects across a region of Ingram Micro operations in the field of Continuous Improvement. Develop sustainable improvements through engagement of a team-based improvement approach and proper use of continuous improvement tools. This role is designed to bring about a cultural change in the company – to one of focus on execution, efficiency, and customer service. The Sr. Manager is defined as the facilitator which includes partnering with functional leaders to solve operational or business problems, create efficiencies through innovative business solutions and improve our financial results via cost savings, customer service enhancements and revenue improvement.
- Partners with business leadership to identify and prioritize opportunities to create positive bottom-line growth.
- Engages, negotiates, resolves conflict, and builds strong consultative relationships and strategic partnerships with senior leaders to facilitate change.
- Engages at a higher capacity, influences, and executes the strategy and vision of the business unit.
- Coordinates the development and communicates with client organizations to ensure satisfactory completion.
- Facilitates updates, meetings and key communication with functional managers and executives.
- Implement the capability building plan through various training and mentoring efforts for both Operational Process Excellence and leadership development in Continuous Improvement.
- Demonstrates value of CI program through success metrics, value creation (improvements in customer satisfaction, service levels, cost, and income).
- Implement the Continuous Improvement system (Operational Process Excellence) for Ingram Micro
- Effectively manage a portfolio of leveraged projects to affect the bottom line of the company.
- Execute the strategic direction to ensure functional excellence.
- Establishes priorities, determines timeliness of the planning, and conducts the implementation on time, with quality and under budget, while partnering effectively with the rest of the stakeholder divisions.
- Introduces ideas generated and system enhancements put in place to reduce costs and improve reliability and customer satisfaction in critical company-wide business processes.
- This role will generate a significant multiple of invested cost in terms of value creation (ROI = 3x investment).
- Prioritizes initiatives and create implementation plans in conjunction with Operations, IT, Project Management and Account Management.
- Develops and establishes supporting metrics for processes.
- Ensures process standardization and proliferate best practices.
- Evaluates educational material for Ingram Micro Mobility Functional Managers and facilitates the sharing of best practices.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or related discipline - or - equivalent combination of education and work experience in warehouse / distribution, manufacturing, or logistics environment
- 8 or more years of functional experience in Lean /Continuous improvement application and technique methods with proven results and 2 or more years in a supervisory role, preferably managing subordinate managers.
- 5+ years’ experience working in warehouse distribution and Intimate knowledge of related Distribution Center operations best business practices.
- Experience in deploying Lean Six Sigma or other Continuous Improvement methodologies in enterprises of comparable size.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (preferred, not required)
- Strong knowledge of Industrial Engineering.
- Strong financial and analytical ability.
- Strong proficiency in Work Measurements.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Broad capability building in Continuous Improvement.
- Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum output and results.
- Proven track record of successful change management and accomplishments implementing productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Ability to work with leadership across the organization to bring about positive behavioral change.
- Ability to work positively with front line teams to deliver on project goals.
- Strategic thinking and road mapping
- Financial Acumen (cost / profit center ownership / budgeting)
- Key IM Competencies - Strategic & Global Mindset, Change Agent, Collaboration and Influence, and Team Leadership
- Structured project management
- Process mapping skills
- Executive presentation skills / articulates business cases
- High aptitude for several forms of structured problem solving (DMAIC, 5 whys, Ishikawa, etc.)
- Deep Kaizen facilitation
- Bias to process thinking not "training" as a solution
- Insatiable thirst for growth/knowledge with bias to analytical thinking
Position may require approximately 40% travel.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.