Transportation Analyst EMEA
Job ID: 61719
With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, Ingram Micro is one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with over 40 acquisitions since 2012 – and we’re just getting started.
As transportation analyst EMEA you will be responsible for analyzing transportation and logistics data. You are proactive working on (international) projects, doing root-cause analyses and thinking in solutions. Furthermore, you will look for improvement areas in operational transportation Lean processes.
Key area responsibilities
The following critical areas are to be managed by you:
- Analysing data from previous years’ volumes and costs to identify trends that may help to improve future Transportation processes
- Customer Excellence analyses for X-vantage and recommended improvement processes
- Providing fact-based input and recommendations of the Transportation & Logistics (warehouse, inventory and transportation) projects
- Conducting research on new developments in Transportation and making recommendations for implementation with the (internal) stakeholders
- Visualizing data through the development of interactive dashboards
- Interpretation of the data by analyses and descriptive statistics to make fact-based decisions
- Identify root cause/improvement potential through variance analysis, derive solutions and implement process solutions
- Perform financial impact on the Transportation related projects and complete the projects in the Ingram Micro project tool
The Transportation Analyst EMEA reports into the EMEA Transportation Optimization Manager.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator
- Good communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Superior MS-Office skills (especially Excel and Powerpoint). Knowledge of IT, BI systems (TMS/WMS, ERP, supply chain planning and advanced analytics systems) gained through education and/or experience is a plus
- Bachelor or Master’s degree or equivalent in Supply Chain Management or other appropriate education
- Preferably 3 years of functional experience with a minimum of 1 year transportation analyst experience, preferably experience is from supply chain and transportation industry
- Excellent in English language verbally and in writing