A future to be sure of.
As a global leader in technology, working in partnership with thousands of experts, you’ll be part of the respected Ingram Micro international team delivering cutting-edge solutions worldwide.
We at Ingram Micro are continuing to grow our vendor and channel partners' market share, with this in mind we continue to offer all our associates ongoing training and professional development that is unsurpassed in our competitors. Why not join our #unstoppable team as #learningneverstops at Ingram Micro? We have a global presence with a local feel and our Ingram Family make our culture inclusive and welcoming. We want to fulfil your career goals and enable YOU to achieve more.
The Transport Manager will be responsible for supporting the organization by ensuring that relevant Transport Solutions are in place and that all administrative and account management of the carriers is maintained.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure the day-to-day functioning of the Transport Operations across import, export, and domestic freight.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the business is not exposed to any undue risk and adheres to any legal or regulatory conditions.
- Develop and maintain contracts with transport and services suppliers to promote mutual understanding and to further the company’s interests
- Develop effective relationships with relevant internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for process improvement
- Ensure all staff work in a safe and efficient environment which offers opportunities within the company
- Manage the recruitment of new associates
- Provide training to team members to ensure multi-skilling
- Review aged or difficult claims against carriers for shipping losses or damages in transit
- Proactively work towards a reduction in claims
- Balance the trade-off between logistics cost reduction and increased capital costs
- Support the S&OP process and Joint Business Plan to identify the significant events that affect transport services in the planning period
What you bring to the role:
- Degree Qualification in Logistics, Supply Chain or a similar field
- 5+ years’ experience in a transport-related role across freight forwarding, domestic parcel and palletized freight, with ideally 1+ years of people management experience.
- Background in managing freight and pricing with a freight forwarder or shipping line + experience within an FMCG/consumer goods company with strong S&OP and procurement practices.
- Experience working alongside multiple carriers
- Exposure to complex ERP systems such as SAP
- Excellent people management skills, with the ability to build and develop teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly proficient in the use MS Office
- Experience managing and working to a financial budget
We are Ingram Micro:
It is no surprise that technology powers the planet. But what might surprise you is that Ingram Micro can reach more than 90% of the global population.
By joining us, you make Ingram Micro’s contribution a reality: helping businesses grow, supporting industries from healthcare to education with their technology, or even connecting the world.
What is in it for you? Well, we take great care of our people, everyone is made to feel welcome, and opportunities to grow apply to all. But the prospect of shaping the future through technology is something you are unlikely to find anywhere else.
Let’s shape tomorrow.