Desktop Support Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
O'Fallon, MO, United States
Job ID: 61891
Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands reaching nearly 90 percent of the world’s population. Our market reach, diverse solutions portfolio, and digital platform Ingram Micro Xvantage™ set us apart. We have approximately 27,000 associates committed to serving our more than 161,000 customers and 1,500 vendor partners worldwide. Learn more at www.ingrammicro.com.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
This position will be located on-site in O'Fallon, Missouri and will need on-site support five days out of the week.
- Seasoned individual contributor working as a technical support subject matter expert.
- Responsible for the monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of all IT solutions at supported Office, facility, as well as remote users.
- Experience with network and servers equipment with knowledge of network security, as well as assisting with server and network deployment experience.
- Working knowledge of basic, intermediate, and advanced Desktop/Laptop troubleshooting and assisting with network and server issues
- Analyze computer issues and quickly develop the best course of action.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite and various productivity software
- Assist onsite and remotely to support other facilities and associates within the US.
- Works under limited supervision for routine situations.
- Problems typically are not routine and require analysis to understand.
- Makes minor adjustments to working methods.
- Explains practices, procedures, and policies to reach agreements with others outside of the job area.
- Provides technical support and collaborates with various IT functions to complete IT projects
- Assist with UAT testing and troubleshooting post change implementation
- Proficient in the various competencies relevant to their job.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function. Normally receives little instruction on daily work.
- Determines methods and procedures for new assignments.
What you bring to the role:
- Two-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 + years of experience in IT Operations or similar area of technical support.
- Substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Experience with PC/Laptop repair and troubleshooting.
- Basic network and server knowledge to assist in troubleshooting and repairs (replace bad disk drive, replace memory, restart server).
- Experience with Active Directory for Windows servers.
The typical base pay range for this role is USD $20.10 - $26.15 - $32.16 per hour.
At Ingram Micro certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonus or sales incentives and long-term incentives. These awards are allocated based on position level and individual performance. U.S.-based employees have access to healthcare benefits, paid time off, parental leave, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and wellbeing benefits, among others.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and a pre-employment (post offer) background check.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.