Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands reaching nearly 90 percent of the world’s population. Our market reach, diverse solutions portfolio, and digital platform Ingram Micro Xvantage™ set us apart. We have approximately 27,000 associates committed to serving our more than 161,000 customers and 1,500 vendor partners worldwide. Learn more at www.ingrammicro.com.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
Why Ingram Micro? We offer world class benefits and 401K beginning on day 1 of employment, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401K Matching
- Vacation Time, Sick Days, and Holiday Pay
- Work Life Balance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bonus Opportunities
- HSA and FSA
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Mentorship and best in industry career growth opportunities
- Team building events including quarterly food events and meals for Thanksgiving and Christmas, food truck parties, and Spirit Week celebrations
- Fundraisers for local charities
This is a Full-Time, Direct Hire, Hourly position with starting pay in range of $25/hour includes opportunity for Overtime + BONUS.
Schedule: Monday - Friday; 2:00PM start time.Your role:
What you bring to the role:
- Basic knowledge of Rockwell Automation PLC system.
- Interpret and diagnose common encoder signal issues on conveyor systems to uncover error sources, including knowledge analyzing photo eyes and sensors.
- Electrical experience maintaining and repairing 480v and 270v motors and gearboxes.
- Troubleshoot and repair industrial machine baler functions.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, scissor lifts, hand tools, and power tools.
-Recognized skilled specialist in job area. May be responsible for leading daily operations.
-May train, delegate and review the work of lower level employees.
-Problems typically are not routine and require analysis, judgment and initiative.
-Makes minor adjustments and enhancements to working methods to improve effectiveness of area.
-Provides administrative or technical support at a specialist level.
-Incumbents are highly proficient in a broad range of activities related to their job.
-May act as a lead or mentor to more junior technical or administrative support personnel.
-Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
-Makes recommendations for new procedures.
-Incumbents independently perform a wide range of complex duties under general guidance from supervisors.
-Known in the department/group as the “knowledge base” of information.
-Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
-Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
- Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Two-year college degree or equivalent experience and minimum of five year's functional experience OR HS diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years of functional including 4 years specific experience.
- Must provide own basic tools.
- Willing to learn to operate various forklifts and comfort with heights
- Verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
The typical base pay range for this role in Carol Stream, Illinois is USD $52,000 - $67,600 - $83,000 per year.
The ranges above reflect the potential annual base pay across the U.S. for all roles; the applicable base pay range will depend on the candidate’s primary work location, pay grade, and variable compensation plan. Individual base pay within each range depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time of hire. New hires starting base pay generally falls in the bottom half (between the minimum and midpoint) of a pay range.
At Ingram Micro certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonus or sales incentives and long-term incentives. These awards are allocated based on position level and individual performance. U.S.-based employees have access to healthcare benefits, paid time off, parental leave, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and wellbeing benefits, among others.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.