Ingram Micro is the business behind the world’s brands reaching nearly 90 percent of the world’s population. Our market reach, diverse solutions portfolio, and digital platform Ingram Micro Xvantage™ set us apart. We have approximately 27,000 associates committed to serving our more than 161,000 customers and 1,500 vendor partners worldwide. Learn more at www.ingrammicro.com.
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
Come join our team where you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. Let’s shape tomorrow - it’ll be a fun journey!
This position can be based at our office in Buffalo, NY, or our HQ in Irvine, CA, and has the opportunity for hybrid work with a few days remote per week.
The Director of Transportation will lead transportation and logistics activities across Ingram Micro’s North American region. Reporting to the Vice President of Global Logistics and Transportation, this position serves as a highly impactful and influential member of the regional Operations Executive team by driving continuous improvement in transportation services, ensuring consistent and predictable partner experience, and leading-edge financial performance.
The position is accountable for all transportation activities and results associated with the company's North American businesses, including all related international transactions and export compliance. Responsible for more than fifty regular carrier partnerships and an annual spend of more than $200M.
- Achievement of best-in-class transportation and logistics services for all Ingram Micro lines of business and development of required capabilities and team to establish a transportation services center of excellence.
- Development of strategic plans and execution improvements of all transportation and logistics systems, including the implementation of TMS, ERP, OMS integration, address validation, freight audit, and payment centralized solutions to support customer billing, labeling, tracking, and tracing, labeling, and manifesting.
- Leads the implementation, development, and optimization of all logistics processes in North America, supporting foreign trade and compliance (in conjunction with the global trade/compliance department).
- Serves as lead contact for authorities, external and internal customers as well as support of other Ingram Micro companies in all questions concerning logistics and foreign trade, compliance, and legal matters.
- Collaboratively partners with Ingram Micro business leaders, operations, sales, customer support, finance, IS and IT, strategic sourcing, and engineering to ensure alignment supports an accelerated transformation to achieve exponential improvement in transportation services, costs, and solutions.
- Oversees the acquisition of transportation providers to develop a broader network in collaboration with our global procurement team.
- Management of enterprise transportation management systems (JDA). Updating the information technology and automating as much as possible a centralized automated regional logistics process (TIA, GTS/GTS, Blue Yonder Logistics module) by increasing throughput and efficiency in cooperation with all operational areas.
- Negotiation of all carrier contracts and service agreements. This includes working closely with Ingram Micro WW legal, risk management, and security teams to reduce liability exposure for Ingram Micro.
- Set operations policies and standards, including determination of safety procedures for the handling of dangerous goods. Ensure compliance with hazmat & secured shipping requirements including the development of specific processes to collaborate with operations on shipping accurately.
- Develop functional policies and procedures that ensure compliance with ESG strategy.
- Preparation of the annual budget and managing department at or below budgeted levels for both percent of sales and cost per unit/order; investigate and explain all variances (favorable and unfavorable) to budget/history. Fully manage transportation & logistics forecasts and budgets (OPEX and CAPEX) Control, manage, and supervise the logistics clearance in the region with the respective duty and VAT charges for an Ingram Micro revenue stream of exceeding $1.4B.
Directing the day-to-day management of meeting the company's transportation service requirements, including:
- Managing the transportation team to departmental KPI's and where appropriate establish/track new KPI's.
- Continually review shipping requirements to determine the best carrier options for the inbound and outbound transportation platform across all business segments.
- Capturing opportunities to optimize the number of delivery days with cost and service requirements.
- Investigate and explain all trends related to carrier service failures; where appropriate, ensure that chargebacks are issued and collected.
- Keeping abreast of all geopolitical and labor developments and their impact on freight expense/service.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain management, logistics, operations management, or related industry is required.
- Master’s degree in supply chain management, or MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years of logistics/distribution/transportation/logistics-related experience.
- 10-15 years of experience in leadership within matrixed, cross-functional, global, high-volume distribution organization.
- Thorough knowledge of transportation & logistics functions and management, along with competitive and leading-edge offerings in the regions.
- Strong knowledge of distribution and logistics operations including receiving, shipping, and inventory control processes with strong knowledge of supply chain management.
- Experienced in defining, managing, and optimizing budgets, capital, and contracts.
- Knowledge of International transportation laws, rules and regulations, and transportation systems and policies.
- Strong functional knowledge of IS system interfaces related to transportation and operations. These would include EDI, XML, and other E-commerce enablers.
- Can effectively influence key executives on strategy.
- Knowledge of ESG developments within the market for customers and carriers
- Can substantiate a successful record of contract negotiations.
- Ability to lead a team of transportation professionals to maintain a balance between establishing leading-edge practices and solid day-to-day foundational performance.
- Demonstrated measurable experience with developing and implementing transformational change within a transportation leadership role. Ability to lead and develop a high-performing team.
Position may require up to 20% travel.
The typical base pay range for this role in Buffalo, NY is USD $136,900 - $188,200 - $239,500 per year. The applicable base pay range will depend on the candidate’s primary work location, pay grade, and variable compensation plan. Individual base pay within each range depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time of hire. New hires starting base pay generally falls in the bottom half (between the minimum and midpoint) of a pay range.
At Ingram Micro certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonus or sales incentives and long-term incentives. These awards are allocated based on position level and individual performance. U.S.-based employees have access to healthcare benefits, paid time off, parental leave, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and wellbeing benefits, among others.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.