Deputy Manager Finance & Accounts
9th Aug 2023
About Ingram Micro:-
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Ingram Micro India is the top IT Distribution company in India with nationwide presence at nearly 40+ locations. As a subsidiary of Ingram Micro worldwide we bring to India the best of business practices and our state-of-the-art information systems in worldwide distribution. We are committed to be the best wholesale provider of IT products and services in India providing real value to our customers and principals.
The Manager - Accounts is a key leadership role within our organization, responsible for overseeing and managing the financial accounting and reporting activities for our large US multinational corporation's operations in India. The incumbent will lead a team of finance professionals and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate financial records, compliance with regulatory standards, and effective financial reporting.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Ensure timely completion of Monthly/Quarterly/Annual closing of financials.
- Ensure timely completion of Statutory Audit & Group Audit
- Review of Fixed Assets, Inter-Company and US-GAAP Adjustments
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Management attention.
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and support monthly BS reviews.
- Ensure completion of monthly accruals, prepayments, and similar accounting entries as per financial policies and procedures for the company
- Maintain central repository for documentation of controls for all the in scope Identify gaps in the control process and operating environment for all the in scope
- Review of an end-to-end SOX Control process and highlight Gap if any.
- Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with corporate policies, local regulations, and auditing standards.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors during audits and ensure prompt resolution of audit findings
- Experience in end-to-end project management, controls evaluation, and cross-functional collaboration
- Coordinate semi-annual audits and assist conducting audits.
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by verifying, allocating, posting and entering transactions.
- Prepare error-free accounting reports and their results.
- Conduct account reconciliation regularly on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Analyze the financial statements for any discrepancies and issues.
- Identify errors and take actions for improvement.
- Analyze intercompany transactions, bank statements and generate invoices.
- Review accounting systems and make suggestions for improvements.
- Provide support in the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Prepare and summarize all the transaction reports and financial status which includes a balance sheet, profit & loss statement.
- Present financial reports to higher management.
Key skills needed to be a finance manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or a related field. CPA, CA, or equivalent professional certification is must .
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in financial accounting, with at least 3-5 years in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, IFRS, and local Indian accounting standards.
- Proficient in financial reporting tools and ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.).
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret complex financial data and provide strategic insights.
- Detail-oriented with a strong focus on accuracy and compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working in a multinational corporation or Big 4 accounting firm is a plus.
Bottom of Form
Ingram Micro Competencies: -
- Collaboration & Influence
- Results Oriented
- Judgment & Decision Making
- Customer Mindset top of Mind
- Team Leadership
- Strategic & Global Mindset
- Change Agent
What is in it for you?
- You will get a wonderful opportunity to work with a team who believes in learning new skills, sharing ideas & driving results collaboratively.
- We will support you in your professional and personal development, by providing you with access to LinkedIn Learning ,Franklin Covey and many high-quality training courses to increase your technical knowledge and expertise.
- We care for you and assure a psychologically safer environment, by giving greater value to overall wellbeing through our Employee Assistance Program.
- You bring the talent; we provide the opportunity to begin a long-term career with an unlimited growth and advancement with a stable and an international organization like Ingram Micro.