Sr. Associate, Accounting-PHL
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 63042
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
- Incumbents in this job family have responsibilities encompassing one or more areas of General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and/or Billing.
- Responsible for processing receivables, ensuring timely and accurate charge entries and preparing deposits.
- Responsible for maintaining accounts and records in various accounting functions.
- Collects and analyzes financial data and prepares reports and recommendations.
- Reviews, verifies and approves transactions and journal entries.
- Prepares income and balance sheet, profit and loss, consolidated and other accounting statements. Codes, enters and prepares invoices, and responds to customer and vendor inquiries.
- Reviews invoices and ensures proper approvals. Records, enters and pays invoices. Also, analyzes account performance, makes recommendations to release orders on past due accounts and investigates bankruptcy claims.
- Maintains records and files and generates related reports.
- Ensures procedures and internal controls are followed in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley initiatives.
What you bring to the role:
- Recognized skilled specialist in job area.
- May be responsible for leading daily operations.
- May train, delegate and review the work of lower level employees.
- Problems typically are not routine and require analysis, judgment and initiative.
- Makes minor adjustments and enhancements to working methods to improve effectiveness of area.
- Provides administrative or technical support at a specialist level. Incumbents are highly proficient in a broad range of activities related to their job.
- May act as a lead or mentor to more junior technical or administrative support personnel.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Makes recommendations for new procedures. Incumbents independently perform a wide range of complex duties under general guidance from supervisors.
- Known in the department/group as the “knowledge base” of information. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
- Two-year college degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of five years’ functional experience. OR HS diploma or equivalent and a minimum 8 years of functional, including 4 years position-specific experience.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.