Global Alliance Manager, Cloud Security
Irvine, CA, United States
Job ID: 36622
Who are we?
Ingram Micro Cloud is driving a paradigm shift in the adoption of cloud technology with small and medium-sized businesses through the breadth of our channel partners. Ingram Micro is the largest Indirect Cloud provider globally and is looking for an experienced thought leader in the Cloud Security space. The goal is to help shape and execute the global strategy, using best-in-breed technologies to deliver a robust cloud security offering.
As a Global Practice Manager within Ingram Micro Cloud, your responsibilities include:
- Building a cross-vendor security strategy, ensuring executive buy-in, enabling field and channel sales teams globally, and leading product team alignment and marketing to build the GTM plan.
- Establishing and growing business and technical relationships with key vendor partners across the cloud security portfolio, along with managing the day-to-day interactions, you will be responsible for driving profitable growth for Ingram Micro Cloud
How do you stand out?
- The ideal candidate will possess both a business and a commercial background with strong business acumen and leadership that enables them to operate across and connect at multiple levels in an organization.
- The candidate must possess a deep knowledge of cloud security solutions and the current security landscape, with a background in business development and/or product marketing.
- The candidate should have a strategic focus on aligning product management, marketing, & sales across our global strategic vendors and Ingram Micro. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business solutions with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
What do you bring to the role?
- Be the subject matter expert for the Cloud Security portfolio for the Ingram Micro Global team. Lead a deep understanding of the security landscape across identity, application, data, and device management
- Microsoft Cloud Security experience is preferred
- Support the alignment strategy across multiple cloud vendors to deliver a holistic security solution from end-to-end and map to security frameworks such as CIS or NIST
- Manage day-to-day engagement with a handful of strategic vendors to develop overall strategy, and coordinate with marketing to deliver full GTM campaigns
- Engage the Ingram Micro Business Unit Leaders, Marketing, and Sales channels to create and drive revenue and margin optimized plans based on delivering the above targets
- Manage the day-to-day business relationship with investment countries, optimize programs and share best practices across countries during the year
- Build out enablement plan with internal stakeholders to drive cross-sell and up-sell across solutions
- Bachelor's technical degree or equivalent required, advanced technical degree highly desirable.
- A minimum of 5-7 years proven product or business development in the software security industry and experience working with cloud security vendors
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working with channel partners or for a channel partner to build multi-vendor solutions
- In-depth knowledge of the cloud and SaaS market including the strengths and weaknesses of competitors globally
- Experience working across multiple organizations such as product management, marketing, vendor management to deliver full solution
- Strong presentation and communication skills; ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences and drive mindshare
- Strong business and commercial acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving, growing and managing a large vendor portfolio
- Ability to think and work creatively to develop unique joint value propositions
- Strong sense of ownership in his or her work
- Excellent written, analytical and business development skills to balance strategic thinking and execution of tactical activity including the ability to crisply communicate and present at an executive level
- Ability to travel internationally may be required
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.