Professional, Infrastructure (SCCM Engineer)
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 36668
Global Operation and support of all Ingram Micro’s Windows servers including all Microsoft products. Using SCCM as the primary tool to apply security updates and build/deploy software packages. As a member of a global team you will be working on various day to day tasks to solving complex technical problems to support the business. We solve business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. Perform technical planning, software deployment, and modification of specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings; assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies.
What you bring to the role:
Seasoned professional individual contributor. Works independently with limited supervision. Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals. Problems faced are difficult and often complex. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures. Provides solutions to a variety of complex technical and business matters. Will champion significant projects, programs and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity. May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job. Incumbents provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in his/her area of specialization. Generally free to determine work priorities based on general direction from managers. Specialist in technical or business skills. Individuals with a customer focus have developed the acumen to cultivate and develop lasting customer relations.
Four year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field). Minimum of 5 years specific experience. Ability to make significant contribution to processes and systems. *This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent job-related experience
- Experience as a global technical lead for System Center Configuration Manager projects. Ingram Micro has a rapidly expanding WAN with over 300 sites.
- Large scale SCCM Design and Operations (2012 R2, 2016 preferred)
- Experience designing and supporting large scale (global and regional) OS patch operations.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and mitigate complex WAN issues related to patch replication and deployment.
- Expertise with SCCM data summarization and reporting. Ability to create custom SCCM reports to support compliance standards such as Sarbanes-Oxley and PCI.
- Experience deploying and operating System Center Endpoint Protection
- Deployment and operational management experience.
- Microsoft Windows Server/Client and Active Directory technical expertise
- Experience troubleshooting software and OS deployment on Windows operating systems with an emphasis on Server OS.
- Expertise with Active Directory as it relates to SCCM (AD sites, group discovery, computer collections, etc)
- Experience working with distributed teams to plan and execute global changes.
- Scripting, Automation, and Configuration Management
- Experience writing complex PowerShell scripts to support automation
- Experience writing scripts to parse local and remote log data. Ability to leverage scripting to quickly assess and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated experience working with complex TCP/IP networks.
- Ability to independently perform analysis of systems and applications using tools such as Microsoft Message Analyzer/Wireshark
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Ability to create and deliver presentations using Microsoft Power Point
- Ability to extract, transform, and pivot large amounts of data using Microsoft Excel and PowerBI.
- Experience creating multi-page reports, operating procedures, and other documentation using
- Microsoft Word.
Additional Required Experience:
- A consultative approach to projects. This position will be the subject matter expert for SCCM projects and will be required to accurately document requirements and develop clear execution plans.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to create and deliver presentations to IT leadership
- Working knowledge of IT Service Management framework and/or ITIL concepts and practices.
- Experience designing complex computing infrastructure solutions in a large-scale data center environment.
- Knowledge of virtualization concepts and design principles.
- Experience with performance analysis, tuning and optimization.
- Understanding of operational challenges and dependencies as they relate to infrastructure decisions.
- Sensitivity to security best practices as related to infrastructure and application architectures