ServiceNow Engineer (Professional, Infrastructure)
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 36670
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
ServiceNow Engineer - Job Description
The ServiceNow Engineer brings solid experience in system administration and developing solutions on the ServiceNow platform. He/she leads and prescribes customers to best practice, and collaborate with team members to achieve project goals.
A day in the life:
- Participate in all technical aspects of delivering customer solutions on the ServiceNow platform, advising customers on best practice to create lasting value and enhanced experiences.
- Contribute on multiple engagements, utilizing the Ingram Micro methodology and tools to enhance project efficiency and quality.
- Define technical approaches and share knowledge with other engineers on development and configuration activities.
- Estimate time and effort for all activities and proactively communicate progress and forecast changes to the rest of the team.
- Own the technical quality on development, participate in code reviews, and contribute to development planning efforts.
- Collaborate closely with business requestors to define customer requirements.
- Perform L2 support for incidents reported against the ServiceNow platform.
- Perform Change Management activities in compliance with defined processes.
- Participate in internal knowledge sharing, collaboration activities and initiatives.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of ServiceNow platform development and implementation experience with a comprehensive understanding of the product suite
- 2+ years of related customer-facing consulting experience with ServiceNow platform.
- Expertise in 1+ additional process areas outside of ITSM (ITOM, Service Portal, CSM, SecOps)
- Experience working with DevOps teams, methodologies, and tools in a virtual environment.
- Experience in one or more of the following a plus: Discovery, integrations, custom application development.
- Ability to initiate customer interfacing meetings, and conduct calls with customers independently or in support of business process/requirements gathering efforts
- Experience with inspecting code migrations and retrieval between instances, as well as providing feedback to other engineers on approaches to remediate assigned defects.
- Ability to keep a customer's business goals at the forefront of the conversation and articulate development decisions impacts to maintenance and longevity (i.e. keeping configurations out-of-the-box).
- A passion for guiding customers on how to get the most out of the product and for learning the latest product features.
- Strong collaboration, communication and influencing skills.