Consultant, Cyber Security
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 34508
Ingram Micro, the largest technology infrastructure and solution distributor in the world. Ingram Micro is now transforming and growing rapidly to be a major cybersecurity and IoT player in the world.
This career offers the candidate various opportunities to grow and excel in the field of cybersecurity with Ingram Micro. To be a team player with a strong and dynamic Ingram Micro Consulting organization. A cybersecurity career that you will gain an extensive experience and expertise with broader cybersecurity domain knowledge and solutions. Unlike niche vendors that limit you to specific products and solutions, the career lifecycle with Ingram Micro will expose you to cybersecurity solutions like Security Operations Centre, Identity and Privilege Access Management, Data Governance, Compliance, Cloud based on our vendors’ technologies (Cisco SecureX, Palo Alto Demisto, IBM QRadar & Guardium, IBM Security Identity and Privilege Access Management product stacks, Thycotic, Broadcom Symantec Enterprise solutions, RSA Technologies, and many more).
We are looking for candidate with a strong and positive mindset. Passionate fast technology / solution learner with strong capability to apply the learnings to achieve our customer business outcomes. A candidate with innovative mentality that want to be part of a dynamic team to create and push for growth. Candidate who strives for mutual success, push beyond limits and take pride in creating a life achievement.
The Senior consultant will be responsible for advising clients on best-fit technology, gathering and documenting functional requirements, designing technical architectures and processes, and implementing cyber security product components.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- To carry out the following activities during implementation and operation:
- Primary Focus on SIEM/SOC domain related cyber security products
- Secondary focus on Endpoint/EDR domain related cyber security products
- Install and Configure cyber security product stacks from IBM Security, RSA Security, McAfee, or similar vendors
- Generation of quality project documentation (requirement, design, implementation, configuration, user case / play book, and operations)
- To perform and deliver solution demo and proof of concept with customers
- To provide consultative engagement and articulate to customers how the cyber security solutions address their business needs
- To provide presales and architectural support activities such as creation of scope of work details, work efforts estimate, and Statement of Work
- Provide remote and / or onsite troubleshooting of the solution and products
- Conduct knowledge transfer and handover session to operations team
- Develop scripts using Windows PowerShell, APIs and Command lines to integrate different cyber security solutions. This is good to have ability.
- Ability to develop code using at least one programming language such as Java, C#, Python, etc. This is good to have ability.
- Lead meetings with demanding clients to discover existing business processes, advise on best-fit technologies, gather requirements, and drive to client satisfaction
- Critique developed business processes and use cases, translating them to technical requirements, designing and data mappings
- Work closely with vendor’s engineering and technical help desk to resolve technical issues
- Serve as resident consultant that reside at customer premises as and when required in a project
- To provide solution support and remediation in relation to consulting managed support programs (Optimization & Support Services) with customers
- To provide guidance, management, and resolution to customers on security infrastructure, customization requirement and system integrations
- Occasional travel within South Asia
- Preferably Degree in Computer Science, IT, Information Security or Related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in Cyber Security solutions
- At least 3 years of implementation experience in Cyber Security projects and consulting experience in SIEM/SOC Domain
- At least 2 years of implementation experience in Cyber Security projects and consulting experience in Endpoint/EDR Domain
- Experience with enterprise level EDR and SIEM platforms.
- Possess Endpoint/EDR domain knowledge is a must
- Possess SIEM/SOC domain knowledge is a must
- Prior experience in one or more of Cyber Security vendors solutions is an advantage
- Knowledge about Project Management, Technical skills, strong presentation skills
- Possess security Industry Certifications, such as, CISSP, CISA, ECSA, CEH, CCSK, GIAC-GREM
- Certification in Vendor’s Security products is an advantage
- Have fair understanding of the cybersecurity concepts and domains
- Reasonable ability to articulate and engage on cybersecurity topics with confidence
- Possess one or more domain knowledge with Data Security Governance or Cloud Security or IAM will be an advantage
- Knowledge around Cyber Security standards and compliance such as ISO 9000, NIST, MITRE ATT&CK and GDPR is an advantage
- Familiar with Microsoft and Linux platform Administration
- Technical experience in Microsoft or Linux hardening will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate capability to learn and pick up other cybersecurity technologies
- Assertive and able to deal with difficult project situation
- Experience in leading the team in delivering project in a tight timeline effectively
- Technical experience in one or more of the Database Administration in Oracle, MS SQL will be an added advantage
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Certification in PMP, CISA, CISSP or any Vendor’s Security products is an advantage
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- 70% of the time doing project delivery and 30% of time supporting presales activities