Principal Pre-sales Consultant, Cyber Security
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 36124
We are looking for candidate with a strong and positive mindset. Passionate fast technology / solution learner with strong capability to apply the learnings to achieve our customer business outcomes. A candidate with innovative mentality that want to be part of a dynamic team to create and push for growth. Candidate who strives for mutual success, push beyond limits and take pride in creating a life achievement.
This Principal Pre-sale Cybersecurity Consultant role will focus on,
- Provide Cybersecurity technical solutions to SIs and enterprise customers.
- Ability to lead and undertake cybersecurity technical and solution requirement study, and security assessment with customers.
- Actively co-lead and manage a consultative solution selling approach with customers.
- Articulate and position compelling IM portfolio of technology portfolio (mainly through cyber driven) with IM account management, product management and customers.
- To lead and mentor the IM account management and product management teams on cybersecurity solution selling methodologies.
- Will co-lead, participate and contribute to the cybersecurity sales team in solution tenders and proposals.
- Collaborate with the cybersecurity technology incubation team to create solution selling best practice and methodologies.
- Be part of a cybersecurity committee contributing and sharing ideas, best practices, experiences and support to create a strong learning organization.
- The expected duties of this role are as follow:
- Primarily engage in pre-sales technical and solution consultancy role, provide technical guidance and assistance during pre-sales process.
- Attend and co-lead sales meeting with customers, support the account management and product management to generate leads and accelerate for wins.
- Candidate should have extensive pre-sales experience in APAC market, understand the local culture and best practice.
- Strong ability to engage cybersecurity business engagements confidently with vendors, SIs and enterprise level customers.
- To co-lead pre-sales process with IM account management team, product management team and consulting team.
- To mentor the IM account management and product management teams on cybersecurity solution selling best practice.
- To collaborate with the APAC CoE teams and vendors to create and enable products and solution sales and technical readiness across APAC.
- To collaborate the regional account management, product management and consulting team to articulate and position compelling cybersecurity solution / sales proposals / technical documentation with customers. Covering cost and business benefits to the customers.
- To lead (where required) a solution bid team.
- To develop constructive relationships and teamwork with vendors, SIs, customers, IM teams.
- To manage and maintain communication with all internal and external stakeholders on the opportunity pipelines, GTM plan and status of selling cycles.
- To be able to perform cybersecurity requirement study, security assessment and advisory with customers.
- To interface timely and accurately sales and technical requirements to the consulting team ensuring solution implementation is sound, properly qualify and achievable.
- To create and deliver training on cybersecurity solutions and sales best practice across APAC region.
- To co-own and create cybersecurity proposals and statement of works with the consulting leaders.
- To provide thought leadership and be a trusted adviser to the customers.
- Will carry an overlaying sale quota and expect to meet or exceed plan.
- To provide accurate and timely management information to the Country Chief Executives, Country Managing Directors and / or General Managers, and the APAC CoE leaders (e.g. activity reports, opportunity pipelines, cybersecurity market development plans, white space planning, bid reviews, project forecasts, KPIs, etc).
Skills / Qualification Requirement
- Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in Information Security/Computer Science
- Have at least 3 years of experience with consultative cyber solutioning and selling
- At least 5 years of experience in IT Security solution
- Have core domain knowledge in cybersecurity data governance, security operations centre technology, identification authentication management, IT compliance, network security and Cloud security
- Have knowledge and experience with various sales methodologies e.g. Target Account Selling
- Candidate with prior experience in Symantec, RSA, IBM Security, Cisco Security, Palo Alto, McAfee Solutions will be an advantage
- Good communication, presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Confidence in solution articulation in an open forum and with face to face audiences
- Have good understanding of the consulting selling and implementation processes (proposals, statement of work, work breakdown structure, service pricing model, risk identification and mitigation, project management, post sales)
- Prepared to learn and adopt new security domain and technologies within short timeframe.
- Able to travel within APAC
- Certification in PMP, CISA, CISSP is an advantage
- Business domain knowledge of the Financial / Security Industries or Government Agencies and / or Healthcare Industries will be an advantage
- Must be able to work interdependently and with very minimum supervision
- Have a strong passion to enable and push for growth with the teams
- Have a strong and positive mindset with passion to grow with the team, create and contribute to team mutual success