Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
We’re seeking a motivated and talented Export Compliance Specialist who will take the responsibility for the ECCN classification and export license determination of technology and restricted encryption products, performing the transactional release of U.S. export orders in compliance with all U.S. Export Control Laws and regulations.
What you bring to the role:
This position requires proficiency in navigating and interpreting the U.S. Export Administration Regulations with a focus on the ECCN classification of restricted encryption products, export licensing, and customer screening for hardware, software, services and technology across a wide range of products across multiple industries.
This position requires strong concern for quality and accuracy of work with a results-oriented focus. The work involves technical thinking and problem solving based on detailed knowledge and analysis of technology products
Summary of responsibilities:
- Determine product classifications for hardware, software, technology and services to support US Export transactions in compliance with all U.S. export laws and regulations
- Utilize the Tariff Schedule, the Commerce Control List, CROSS rulings and vendor supplied classification information, to research and determine classification and encryption level.
- Apply consistent methodology when assigning a Harmonized Tariff Schedule number across similar product and product families.
- Export license determination for U.S. export transactions, to ensure compliance with end user and end user controls
- Determine accurate classification for BOMS and configuration items
- Request the vendor’s Encryption Registration Number (ERN) and CCATS when necessary.
- Validate ECCN classifications and update in the item master of various ERP systems.
- Continuously monitor and maintain accuracy for all classifications in Ingram’s export systems of record
- Support the development and update of SOPs, work instructions and training documents in all areas of product classification and export license determination.
- Export order hold review and release in various ERP systems within department service level
- Identify reasons for hold and resolve quickly to meet SLAs
- Notify appropriate business units for actions required prior to release of the export hold
- Update export license determination decisions at transactional level in various ERPs
- Update and maintain ECCN and HTS Classifications in item master in various ERP systems or tools.
- Review and upload client classifications in various ERPs.
- Create and review manual export documentation created to support BOMs and configuration orders
- Develops written procedures and training guides for classifying products and maintaining the Item Master.
- Update systems with the license information, maintain records and acknowledgement of Riders & Conditions.
- Support the preparation of required ENC and other regulatory reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Review export metrics and KPIs to analyze activity and trends to identify continuous process improvement opportunities
- Develop and maintain SOPs, process flows and FAQs for internal export control programs and procedures.
- Provide support for compliance audits as determined by Supervisor
- Maintains working knowledge base of the EAR, OFAC and the Foreign Trade Regulations
- Collaborate effectively and participate in discussions with trade compliance team to understand and solve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in export administration.
- 4 years of functional experience
- Working knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations, OFAC Sanction Regulations and the Foreign Trade Regulations
- ECCN and HTS classification skills including experience with encryption technology
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills; ability to prioritize among demanding and sometimes conflicting requirements.
- Effectively balance service with regulatory compliance.
- Must have a business-oriented, pragmatic approach to challenges that arise in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible, positive and hardworking team player
- Intermediate level of proficiency in the MS Excel including knowledge of using pivot tables/Vlookup for analysis
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.