Job ID: 36835
Primary focus will be on developing data driven models to address project specific objectives with immediate and long-term impact. This includes gathering and scoping requirements; working with complex datasets; building statistical and econometric models; and effectively communicating findings to stakeholders. Maintaining a broad understanding of the marketplace, Ingram Micro’s business model, and becoming educated on particular vendors, customers, or internal division’s business models and needs will be a must.
- Understand and assist in the development of reporting, analysis and visualization of business data, metrics and measures in order to allow staff to align and track against overall business strategies, goals and objectives, drive innovation, insight and decision making, with primary emphasis on visualization and analysis.
- Assist with logical and physical data modeling to support business intelligence initiatives.
- Support internal platform providing ad-hoc access to large or varied datasets (Data Marts), including the development of new scripts, queries or reports.
- Performs statistical analysis against company data to develop models and identify trends to drive performance.
- Performs data modeling to create a semantic layer for data visualizations.
- Assist with implementation of data quality improvement processes and initiatives.
- Represents the BI team through interaction with business users to gather reporting and analytic requirements.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and subject-matter experts to establish technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art/industry relevant tools, techniques, and equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems, Computer Science OR 4-6 years of experience in a related field such as a Business Intelligence Analyst or other comparable field.
- Proficient experience using Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint in a Windows operating system.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft BI Stack: SSMS, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS Tabular & Multi-Dimensional or other enterprise class tools.
- Working understanding of Data Warehousing and Data Warehousing enterprise class tools
- Working knowledge of data visualization methodologies and tools: Tableau, QlikView, QlikSense, PowerBI, etc.
- Working understanding of ETL and ETL enterprise class technologies.
Preferred Experience/Success Factors:
- Thorough knowledge of data architecture and data management principles.
- Deep understanding of database systems including both relational and OLAP designs.
- Proven experience in business intelligence and data analytics.
- Relevant experience with UI development and/or BI data visualization techniques
- Working knowledge of statistical data analysis.
- Working knowledge of big data concepts and tools.
- Excellent priority and time management skills; Can effectively implement multiple projects.
- Strong SQL and report development and optimization experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to partner with business professionals or groups (which may include group speaking) in order to evangelize IT efforts in our workplace
- Ability to organize information in an effective manner, to showcase relationships, qualities, quantities, and priorities, in a non-trivial but accessible and impactful manner.