Associate Data Architect-IND
Job ID: 36836
Primary focus will be on assisting Sr. Architect(s) with EDW management, optimization, and administration. Perform ETL on data from various static and dynamic sources into the EDW. Maintain development, test, and production environments. Expand and provide sustained support of the system architecture. Provide data integration services: acquire, cleanse, merge, validate, visualize and mine. Capture business rules and create design documents and documentation to meet user requirements. Be the subject matter expert on your projects and work to integrate data inputs and outputs into custom built tools/applications. Collaborate with our technology partners, analytical consultants, stakeholders and SMEs across various initiatives, platforms, and Business Units.
- Understand and assist in the development of reporting, analysis and visualization of business data, metrics and measures in order to allow staff to align and track against overall business strategies, goals and objectives, drive innovation, insight and decision making, with primary emphasis on ETL and Enterprise Data Warehousing Architecture.
- Assist with EDW solutions and work with EDW technologies to come up with plans that best support the business/organization.
- Support internal platforms; design, develop and deploy all components of the EDW structure as directed by Sr. Architects for planned and ad-hoc requests.
- Use of Microsoft BI Stack: SSMS, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS Tabular & Multi-Dimensional or other enterprise class tools on a daily basis to perform job duties.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of the foundational data structure needed to perform statistical analysis, data visualization and analytics against company data in order to develop models and identify trends that will drive performance.
- Assist with data modeling to create semantic layers for data visualizations.
- Support business decisions with Ad-Hoc analysis as needed
- Assist with implementation of data quality improvement processes and initiatives.
- Represents the BI team through interaction with business users to gather reporting and analytic requirements.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and subject-matter experts to establish technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art/industry relevant tools, techniques, and equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics OR 4+ years of experience in a related field such as data integration specialist for data warehouse, IS or BI environment
- Experience gathering and processing raw data (structured/unstructured) at scale, including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, writing SQL queries on a variety of platforms, etc.
- Experience with ETL of static and dynamic data source into an EDW
- Expertise in SQL
- Competency in developing solutions for diverse and complex business problems
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt to changing environments, manage multiple large projects
- Proactive, initiative taker, possess ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A collaborative working style and ability to work independently in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with implementation of big data technologies (e.g., Pig, Hive, Spark, Hbase, Presto, Sqoop, Hadoop, Impala)
- Working knowledge of data visualization methodologies and tools: Tableau, QlikView, QlikSense, PowerBI, etc.
Preferred Experience/Success Factors:
- Experience with WhereScape Red data warehousing IDE
- System Administration/Architecture experience
- Data Warehousing: expertise in relational databases/multidimensional data warehouse design
- Experience in capacity planning for computation and storage needs
- Working knowledge and experience with the entire data warehouse lifecycle
- Thorough knowledge of data architecture and data management principles.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft BI Stack: SSMS, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS Tabular & Multi-Dimensional or other enterprise class tools.
- Deep understanding of database systems including both relational and OLAP designs.
- Proven experience in business intelligence and data analytics.
- Relevant experience with UI development and/or BI data visualization techniques
- Working knowledge of statistical data analysis.
- Working knowledge of big data concepts and tools.
- Excellent priority and time management skills; Can effectively implement multiple projects.
- Strong SQL and report development and optimization experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to partner with business professionals or groups (which may include group speaking) in order to evangelize IT efforts in our workplace
- Ability to organize information in an effective manner, to showcase relationships, qualities, quantities, and priorities, in a non-trivial but accessible and impactful manner.