O'Fallon, MO, United States
Job ID: 37006
Description Who are we?
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 33,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
This position programs processor specific debit keys into a multitude of different POS (Point of Sale) systems. This role is fast paced and hands on, with the ability to shift attention when high priority orders arrive at station.
- Maintain a strong commitment to the quality of your work.
- Provide equal contribution to the team
- Evaluate and effectively read/understand a client’s pick ticket
- Must demonstrate a high level of detail orientation while performing job duties
- Demonstrates the following values: Accomplishment, Integrity, Quality, Learning, Respect, and Community involvement
- Ensure compliance with corporate and warehouse safety and security standards
- Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times
- Remain flexible with regard to job assignments at all times
- Responsible for additional tasks as assigned to meet or exceed the expectations of customers and/ or business management based on our fluid business needs.
- Assists in operating the facility in a cost-effective manner
- High school diploma and/or G.E.D required
- 1-2 years’ experience in high volume, fast paced distribution or manufacturing environment preferred
- Knowledge of basic computer functions, basic math preferred
- Pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to take direction and execute them efficiently
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi‐task.
- Ability to navigate a desktop computer
- Confidence to ask questions when needed to resolve complex or unknown issues.
- Avoids conflicts. Meets or exceeds commitments. Welcomes balanced feedback. Contributes to building a positive team and puts success of the team above own interest. Be a flexible, solid, above expectation performer and team member.
Skills required to be successful Encryption technician:
- Ability to read and interpret sales orders and standard operating procedures
- Ability to speak effectively and represent the Encryption Team is a professional manner
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and troubleshoot accordingly
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift
- Must be able to bend, stretch, or lift for duration of shift
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in a noisy environment with seasonal extremes of temperatures
- May work near moving mechanical parts/ equipment
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing and you may not perform all of these duties.Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.