Technical Product Manager (Cloud)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Job ID: 35909
Ingram Micro’s mission is to help businesses to fully realize the promise of technology. Touching 80% of the technology used every day around the world, no other company delivers the full spectrum and scale of global technology to businesses around the world. With almost $50 billion annual revenue in 50+ countries and 32,000+ associates worldwide, Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in platform technology, cloud, and mobility enable our customers to operate efficiently and successfully in the digital economy.
Our Cloudblue team based in downtown Toronto (outside Union Station) is in hiring mode and seeking a Technical Product Manager.
Time to elevate your career!
A successful candidate for Technical Product Manager will lead the complete lifecycle of software development for Cloud Services that is scaled for worldwide adoption, performant in high transaction velocity environments and with mission-critical grade reliability. The candidate will actively solicit market inputs from stakeholders, create sustainable roadmaps to meet those needs, make leadership decisions on development investments, craft technical requirements and user journeys to guide developers, be accountable for quality and support worldwide adoption deployments. As a citizen developer in the modern world, the ideal candidate will possess abilities to do proof-of-concept or prototype coding, and where appropriate, be hands-on to debug existing code for faults against the Technical Product Manager’s original requirements.
The candidate will use business acumen to manage relationships with key global cloud partners, providers and customers, as well as internal development, delivery and operational organizations. And, be able to prepare polished core content for channel, client and executive needs. The ideal candidate will be able to surface business intelligence from an array of operational data sources and performance indicators and use these insights in support of strategic business plans and in discussions with of key internal and external stakeholders.
Supporting a high-velocity and rapidly-evolving business, a candidate will feel personal ownership of market successes, and then constantly seek to implement or improve processes, standards and operational plans that will positively impact achievement of functional results.
- responsible for product planning and market research activities designed to increase product sales growth and expand market share.
- owner of in-house development, delivery and client adoption of cloud software products with worldwide footprint
- prove the viability of novel Technical Product Manager’s requirements with a citizen developer mindset
- professionally challenge and guide development teams using self-prepared proof-of-concepts, prototypes, research and/or coding development
- accountable for aggressive time-to-market goals of cloud providers and customers, for product fitness for purpose in numerous cloud environments and scenarios, and for quality with exceptionally minimal bugs, defects and escalations
- evaluates and adjusts strategies to respond to changing and/or competitive markets
- take ownership of a business span of accountability, self-develop and utilize key performance indicators to measure success, re-vector quickly and as often as markets dictate in order to keep at the forefront.
- consistent reporting of progress of strategic imperatives, using quantitative measures, surfaced business intelligence and qualified statements of expertise
- identify and maintain relationships with leaders and executives in product partners, third party vendors, and internal organizations key to success
- for complex challenges, bring forward novel solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with business area objectives.
- internally recognized technical or business change agent. Uses a sense of continuous improvement and curiosity to integrate market research and emerging technologies into company product platforms.
- improve on existing process and practices with every use iteration. Apply a broad perspective to provide innovative solutions to a variety of complex issues.
- possesses a highly specialized level of technical expertise or business acumen. Extensive breadth and depth of knowledge arrived through exposure to emerging technical advancements or complex business situations.
- four-year post-secondary degree in one of Product Management, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- MBA or additional relevant experience to Technical Product Management
- minimum 10 years functional experience including a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience as a Technical Product Manager
- strong understanding of Cloud technology fundamentals I.e. SaaS & e-Commerce
- a strong background in software development lifecycle & engineering
- demonstrated experience with SDKs and API management, with emphasis on commerce platforms
- minimum 5 years functional experience in programming with APIs using contemporary languages
- provide evidence of coding competency through GitHub repository or similar
- skills in grooming business intelligence and visualizations by mining numerous disparate operational data sources
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where all associates are valued, respected and supported. As such, we will accommodate disabilities during the selection process and will work with you to meet your requirements.