Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
RPA BUSINESS ANALYST
(PROFESSIONAL, BUSINESS SYSTEMS)
Digitalization & Applications Management
Manager, Solutions Manager
The RPA Business Analyst (Professional, Business Systems) role is responsible for eliciting, validating and documenting requirements for development of digitalization and automation solutions (apps, bots, macros, BPMS, etc.). This includes process immersion and audits, process documentation, gap analysis, communication with project stakeholders, UAT support, status reporting, risk management, escalation of project issues that cannot be resolved in the team, and general project support to ensure projects are delivered in budget, on schedule, and within scope.
Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS MANAGEMENT
- Gather, validate, clarify and document requirements.
- Prioritize requirements into functional areas.
- Analyze, map AS-IS and create TO-BE user processes in detail, describing involved systems and files.
- Manage and own requirements to understand the change process and traceability.
- Evaluate, identify, frame and structure underlying needs from explicit user requests.
- Abstract from particular issues to a more general understanding. Investigate facts and additional information, aggregate, enhance and prioritize requirements.
- Reconcile conflicting requirements, break down high-level information into constituent details.
- Identify all relevant process exceptions and potential risks/challenges related to the implementation and arrive at the best possible solution for the client.
- Thoroughly evaluate operating environment, document keystroke level detail, identify and document exceptions and document escalation instances and processes.
- Obtain sign-offs on BRDs and specifications. Facilitate work estimation and sizing for requirements
End Results: 80% of identified/evaluated business requirements are documented within SLA
- Serves as liaison between Project Teams and Business Owners to ensure that all targets are met.
- Participate in on-going project review meetings.
- Ensure that tasks remain on schedule and within budget.
- Focus on operational excellence, execution, and prioritizes tasks effectively.
- Monitor tasks deliverables and progress through continuous communication with project members.
- Identify and escalate gaps and ensure gaps are rectified in compliance with requirements.
- Remain aware of any potential problems and works to mitigate any risks.
- Disseminate information on any problems or potential delays and escalates issues to management attention.
- Prepare reports of project progress, known issues and daily activities against the project plan or schedule.
End Results: 90% of project risks are addressed proactively
SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT AND IS TEAMS
- Support solution deployment. Provide support to customers, developers and other analysts.
- Coordinate the installation of new releases and patches in cooperation with GIS.
- Validate POC and beta versions with stakeholder groups. Work with the business units and configure the solutions.
- Basic robot monitoring and auditing.
- Record and playback actions, read system logs and in general control the agreed performance of the bots.
- Deliver input for Delivery and Test Teams and represent the Business Owners throughout the development process.
- Be proactive in ensuring that Delivery and Test Teams understand the requirements by initiating clarification sessions where needed.
End Results: 95% of correctly documented and approved requirements
LEAD UAT & DEVELOP TRAININGS
- Ensures requirements are operational exactly as documented.
- Register, solve and coordinate issues and tickets filed by the users.
- Develop test scenarios based on approved documentation to ensure comprehensive suite of functionality is tested.
- Review test plans and test scripts to guarantee quality and coverage of testing.
- Participate in IS testing for assigned area. Plan and leads UAT logistics.
- Escalate gaps and ensure they are rectified in compliance with requirements.
End Results:90% of requirements/approved projects are tested; 5% of bugs discovered after UAT phase is resolved
- Make special effort to respond to coworkers and clients in a timely and helpful manner.
- Support Junior Business Analysts.
- Keep appropriate people informed of project progress and status.
- Participate in status meetings and conference calls as required.
- Track issues and action items to closure as appropriate.
- Take meeting minutes when assigned.
- Create custom reports and communicate status to key stakeholders.
End Results:70% customer satisfaction score/Stakeholder NPS
Decision Making Authority Level
Decisions free to make:
Regular Day to day activities
Gathering and documentation of information
Discussions with stakeholders
Decisions which require approval/discussion with manager:
Implementation of action plans and improvement ideas
Presentations to stakeholders
Anything which might impact production
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
EXTERNAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATION
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science, Business, or in a related field
- Minimum 3 years functional experience in Business Requirement Management & Technical Analysis
- At least 1 year experience in Project Coordination with direct exposure in managing business & resource stakeholders
- Ability to make strong contribution to processes and systems
- Technical Knowledge & Skills:
Previous experience in product management or project management would be an advantage
Advanced MS Office Skills including PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, etc.
Good knowledge and understanding of business, technological and competitive trends.
General understanding of technical, cost, risk and business implications of potential decisions on other projects and client needs and incorporates these into recommendations
INGRAM MICRO ASSOCIATE (INTERNAL) CANDIDATE QUALIFICATION
- ICO Application Signed off by Immediate Manager and Department Head
- Meeting ICO Standard Qualifications (Tenure in current role, PPD, No outstanding disciplinary actions).
- Attended DNA/RPA Bootcamp
- Technical Skill Proficiency will be assessed and determined upon assessment with the DNA team.
- Delivers messages in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Actively listens and checks for understanding
- Articulates messages in a way that is broadly understandable
- Adjusts communication content and style to meet the needs of diverse stakeholders
- Models and encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions
- Sets aggressive goals and has highest standards
- Is consistently one of the top performers
- Pursues everything with energy and drive, the need to finish
- Persists in the face of challenges and setbacks
- Always keeps the end in sight, puts in extra effort to meet deadlines
- Assumes responsibility for the outcomes of others
- Promotes a sense of urgency and establishes and enforces individual accountability in the team
- Works with people to establish explicit performance standards
- Is completely on top of what is going on and knows where things stand
- Provides balanced feedback at the most critical times
- Quickly and decisively takes action in fast-changing unpredictable situation
- Shows a tremendous amount of initiative in tough situations, is exceptional at spotting and seizing opportunities
- Knows the business and how organizations make money
- Keeps up with the current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition and in the market place
- Uses knowledge of business and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions
- Readily distinguishes between what's relevant and what's unimportant to make sense of complex situations
- Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers
- Analyzes multiple and diverse sources of information to define problems accurately before moving to solutions
- Decisively makes high-quality decisions even when based on incomplete information or in the face of uncertainty
- Actively seeks input from pertinent sources to make timely and well-informed decisions
- Skillfully separates opinions from facts
- Is respected by others for displaying superior judgment
- Comfortable with lack of structure
- Postpones decisions appropriately
- Accepts delay philosophically
- Gets information before speaking
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Models collaboration across the organization
- Facilitates an open dialogue with a variety of contributors and stakeholders
- balances own interests with others'
- Promotes high visibility of shared contributions to goals
- Built, leveraged, and maintained strong, high-impact, relationships with variety of relevant parties (local, global)
- Relationships deeply anchored in stable, long-term, mutually beneficial collaboration
- Often convinces others
- Able to use tact when persuading
- Eager to present new ideas to authority
- Inventive; customizes presentations
- Often meets objections successfully
- Gains the confidence and trust of other easily
- Honors commitments and keeps confidences
- Expresses self in a credible and transparent manner
- Models high standards of honesty and integrity
- Anticipates customer needs and provides services that are beyond customers' expectations
- Uses customer insights to drive and guide the development of new offerings
- serves as a strategic partner to build, grow and maintain profitable and long-lasting relationships
- Calm under pressure
- Difficult to provoke
- Uses criticism to learn
- Skilled at conflict resolution
- Rarely defensive
- Seeks out new trends in field
- Often learns and applies new concepts
- Readily identifies own weaknesses
- Sets/attains self-development goals
- Continually self-aware, actively works to better oneself
- Outstanding track record of learning and personal development
- Picks up on the need to change personal, interpersonal, and leadership behavior quickly
- Observes situational and group dynamics and selects that best fit approach
- Seamlessly adapts style to fit the specific needs of others
Optimizes Work Processes
- Uses benchmarking and reviews best practices to set and meet quality improvement targets to improve efficiency and effectiveness resulting in high quality performance in self and in the organization
- Manages timeframes and deadlines
- Displays resiliency and takes proactive measures to make improvements
- Ensures the delivery of high quality results