Senior Software Engineer
About Company and Project
Ingram Micro Cloud, a business unit of Ingram Micro charge of CloudBlue Commerce platform development, which powers biggest in the world cloud services marketplace - Ingram Micro CloudMarketplace, as well as cloud businesses of top world leading companies - Telefonica, KPN, Telmex, Telecom Italia, Dell, Charter, Insight, MediaMarkt etc. We are building a top-class hyperscale PaaS E-comerse platform which operates in more than 45 countries and powers more than 200 of the world’s largest cloud marketplaces, managing more than 10 million enterprise cloud subscriptions, valued at more than $1 billion/year in revenue.
Architecture and Tech Stack
- Cloud native microservice architecture
- Docker + Kubirnetice
- Highly formalized
- Combinated, Agile/Waterfall
- With using of Atlassian Stack, Jenkins, Sonar
Ingram Micro Cloud (750+ associates), a business unit of Ingram Micro (32,000+ associates) and have geo distributed team which include offices in US, Canada, Spain, Russia, India, Malaysia. R&D subdivision includes 200+ associates and currently located in Russia. We are working on extending of R&D by new team in Barcelona in new Ingram Micro office.
We are looking for
Software developer to be part of growing dynamic team of Software Engineers in Barcelona which responsible for the design and development several core microservices of the Platform.
What You Will Do
You will have an opportunity to contribute to our main product CloudBlue Commerce platform:
- Сommunicate with our Product Managers and Customers specifying requirements
- Extend functionality of existing microservices and design and develop new ones
- Design REST APIs for external clients
- Challenge and redefine existing architectural fundamentals in order to provide next level of performance and scalability
- Integrate microservices in to our cloudnative kubernetes based ecosystem
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures, build-time and end-2-end automated tests
- Document software functionality
- Foresee post-deployment design challenges, performance and scale bottlenecks, launch and help customers with your features
Who You Are
A Senior Software Engineer is expected to have 3+ years of solid, active commercial software development work, including significant personal ownership of projects or initiatives. Written and speaking English skills sufficient for team communication.
Skills / Project Experience - required:
- Strong Java skills (Core, Spring, EE)
- Base conceptual knowledge of OOP, Design Patterns, Microservice architecture
- Experience on high availability web application development
- SQL itself & experience on working with relational DBs
- Deployment based on Docker
Skills / Project Experience - good to have experience on:
- JavaEE, WildFly, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes
- Front-end development, Vue.js
- REST APIs design
- Development and/or maintenance of highly loaded enterprise-grade systems
- Clouds Azure, Amazon and development applications for cloud platforms
- DevOps process and CI tools Jenkins, Ansible, Maven
- Automated test frameworks, Junit, Mockito, Arquillian, Cucumber
- Development BI solutions
Why Ingram Micro
Ingram Micro brings you a chance to have job with creativity and freedom of a startup together with stability of a large, established company with almost $50B annual revenue in 50+ countries and 32,000+ associates worldwide.