Sr. Associate, Logistics-USA
Greer, SC, United States
Job ID: 35319
Who are we?
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
- Responsible for the handling, moving, loading and unloading of materials by hand or by using a variety of material handling equipment. Assigning associates to jobs/tasks
- Opens and seals crates, boxes, cartons, and other containers.
- Collects, sorts, stores and distributes materials. Process orders from requisitions and dispense stock items.
- Assist in inventory of stock, including stock rotation.
- Responsible for the shipping, receiving and processing of freight according to company policies and procedures.
- Ensures the orderly stocking and/or timely delivery of merchandise. Maintains and updates the purchase order system as shipments are received, cancelled, or back ordered.
- Processes inventory paperwork. Update management on all inventory issues on a regular and as-needed basis.
- Participate in activities including kit and bundle breakdown and component sorting.
- Responsible for leading daily operations.
- May train, delegate and review the work of lower level employees on best practices.
- Problems typically are not routine and require analysis, judgment and initiative.
- Make minor adjustments and enhancements to working methods to improve effectiveness of area.
- Provides administrative or technical support at a specialist level.
- Make recommendations for new procedures.
- Researching quality failures
- Generate Opoerational Lead Time report and assign to Line Flow Associates
- Research miscelanious/found product to ship or return to pick location
- Update queue status on information board
- Ensure housekeeping meets 5s requirements
- Monitor shipping quality to ensure boxes are placed on correct pallets/trucks
- Monitor unapproved orders
- Two year college degree or equivalent experience and minimum five years’ functional experience.
- HS diploma or equivalent and a minimum 4 years position specific experience.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.