Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Services. With over $52 billion in gross revenue, we are the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40+ acquisitions and investments since 2012.
We are looking for a strong professional interested in working in a dynamic team responsible for mergers & acquisitions (M&A) and strategy development at a global level for Ingram Micro.
Ingram Micro’s Corporate Development and Strategy team works with executives to evaluate & drive growth opportunities through acquisitions, strategic investments, partnerships and divestitures.
There is significant focus on exciting growth areas such as cloud computing, value added services, logistics, ecommerce and software.
This is an excellent opportunity to apply and enhance skills in finance, mergers and acquisitions and strategy while gaining valuable industry and business experience.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Support the entire M&A process including market research, target origination, valuation, financial analysis, contract negotiation and management decision making. Work with various constituencies to attain and analyze due diligence data, formulate and present findings to senior management, and ultimately successfully integrate the acquisitions
- Financial/Quantitative: Develop in-depth financial models to value private & public companies, conduct sensitivity analysis and provide support for financial due diligence
- Strategic: Lead formulation and development of strategic business initiatives and special projects, typically working directly with the senior business management and either participating in or leading project teams
Education: Undergraduate degree in applicable field (technology, finance, strategy) from a top university. MBA and/or CFA considered a plus.
- Required: 3-5 years of total experience including M&A transaction experience from corporate development at a Fortune 500 company, investment banking, private equity, or venture capital
- Considered a plus: Project management or management consulting experience, expertise related to Ingram Micro’s businesses (tech distribution, software, mobility, cloud, logistics) and international experience
Skills / Technical:
- Critical to have excellent valuation and research skills, while having the ability to translate analyses into sound strategic recommendations
- Valuation experience using discounted cash flows, comparable company analysis, precedent transactions, and sum-of-parts
- Proficiency with financial statement analysis, LBO models, and Monte Carlo simulations
- Ability to work with cross-functional business teams to identify fundamental business drivers and risks to those drivers, and translate them into modeling parameters
- Ability to manage projects with participants and audience ranging from VP to C-level
- Market analysis skills and mindset
- Excel, PowerPoint, Word required. Ability to program ad hoc macros and simulations
Writing / Presentation skills: Skilled in preparing presentations, executive summaries and memos to senior management; possess solid communication skills; comfortable and credible speaking in front of C-level management.
Values / Style: Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively within a flat team structure, able to switch between M&A, strategy development and market analysis mindsets, ability to lead internal and external teams when necessary, willing to challenge status quo, have a can-do attitude, be proactive and take ownership, be comfortable with change in a fast-paced environment, and possess excellent interpersonal skills with all levels.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.