CloudBlue is the world’s largest cloud platform provider, enabling any business to provide cloud solutions to anyone. We are committed to helping our partners drive new ways of doing business with an infinite ecosystem of cloud solutions, platform technology, enablement programs and relationships with the biggest players in the cloud industry.
CloudBlue is the only cloud commerce engine with a proven hyper-scale digital platform, and today powers the world’s largest service provider marketplaces, totaling more than 30 million seats globally. With a pulse on IoT, security, XaaS, IaaS technologies, and more, we invite visionaries to make an impact on this fast-growing industry. Our CloudBlue commerce platform enables companies to rapidly increase their level of success in the cloud market by building, scaling and monetizing services.
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $55 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 33,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
How do you stand out?
By having knowledge of SaaS and PaaS and previous experience in eCommerce management, by thriving in a “startup-like” environment and being excited about the impact you will make. Our office is in the North of Spain and has an agile, young and talented environment, with a solid career plan in one of the top cloud companies all over the world. Our diverse and innovative team enjoys the continually evolving environment we are in, surrounded by the infinite potential of technology and leading the XaaS revolution.
The Technical Manager is an expert in the Managed Services line of business. You will be working with a team of technical practitioners ensuring services are delivered to contractual obligations and service level agreements. You will be well respected by clients, seen as a thought leader, trusted advisor, and known to be responsive to supporting clients’ urgent technology issues that arise during the course of their day-to-day business operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Technical Manager is an active participant of CloudBlue’s Managed Services Leadership team and has responsibilities for critical elements of the business, including:
- Working in a matrix organization, you will drive delivery and execution by a well-seasoned team, many of which would be the most experienced and certified technical practitioners and consultants
- Collaborates with senior leadership in relation to delivery processes and individual service tickets
- Accountable for client onboarding activities in alignment with contractual commitments
- Oversees priority management of regular duties for the team
- Reprioritize the teams’ work on a moment’s notice in response to critical events at the client site for severity one (1) issues. This includes assessing the required expertise and bringing in the right resources to solve the problem at hand.
- Active communication with clients (including leading presentations) on delivery status, QBR, technology opportunities, and educating clients on industry trends. This includes translating technology underpinnings such as security threats in a way that can be understood by the business users.
- Guide the development of client technology roadmaps (prepared by systems engineers and architects) to ensure those roadmaps evolve the clients’ technology environment in alignment with industry trends and CloudBlue’s technology roadmap
- Ensure that the team fulfills delivery best practices at the client sites in alignment with the CloudBlue’s technology standards (as example, when to upgrade operating systems based on a vendor’s enterprise and/or feature go-to-market strategy)
- Keep current with industry technology advancements including hyperscale cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCP), software, operating system, security, and methodology trends
- Actively involved in key client stakeholder status meetings and planning sessions
- Presents client roadmaps to key client stakeholders (C-Level, Directors, Management) and has the ability to address their questions about the roadmap
- Communicate with clients on industry technology advancements including hardware, software, operating system, security, and methodology trends
- Is an escalation point for clients when delivery issues or Severity 1 items arise
Managed Services Delivery Methods & Tools
- Is an active participant and leader of an internal technology standards committee. This committee outlines CloudBlue technology roadmaps, new technology adoption plans, methods for leveraging existing and new tools available in the marketplace.
- Is accountable for bringing these plans to the Managed Services team, educated them on the plan, and ensures ongoing compliance to those plans
- Responsible for staff management, including annual performance reviews, career mentoring, and performance improvement plans
- Responsible for workforce sizing and costing, including recruitment activity (from qualification to interviewing to onboarding)
- Has responsibility to review and approve timesheets (with client billing implications including overtime) and expenses in accordance with corporate policies
- Drives employee engagement, quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization
- 5+ years’ in Managed Services environment, with experience in IT Systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards
- 3+ years on management position
- Experience managing technical team
- Good knowledge of Azure, AWS, CloudBlue product and services
- Excellent communication skills for liaising with vendors, customers, and internal departments
- Great presentation skills
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, and project plans
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Capable of multi-tasking, and able to lead their team with minimal direction
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker
- Able to interface directly with cross-functional teams
- Able to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents
- Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and quality audits
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Knowledge of ITIL Foundations
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Senior level expertise in all areas of technology services (Networking, Cloud, Storage, Virtualization, Compute, etc.)
- Able to multi-task and work in stressful and urgent situations Energetic
- Results oriented
- Time management
- Customer focused
- Excellent communicator (verbal and presentation)
- Team player and leader
- Coach and mentor
- Adaptable and flexible
- Creative and innovative
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Strong at planning and organizing
- Has sales acumen
- Has high degree of integrity
- Mediation and negotiation
- Continual learner