Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
The Exec Dir, Global Product Management for Ingram Micro’s Global Technology and Digital Department will be a key resource on the VP, Chief Technology Officer’s (CTO) team. S/he will be responsible for:
- Working with country business leaders and their staff as well as cross-functional IT leaders, including: UX, Engineering, B2B, Architecture and Innovation, to effectively align roadmaps based on company priorities, set clear and measurable objectives, and deploy team resources appropriately to achieve business goals.
- Lead the product team with a focus on deeply understanding the needs of our customers (internal as well as external) through both quantitative and qualitative data and providing them with overwhelming value.
- Hire, mentor, and grow the capabilities of the product management team, championing a culture of ownership, collaboration, and results orientation.
- Oversee multiple parallel work streams in fast-paced, agile environment, align them with business priorities & deadlines, and help continuously raise the bar on execution.
- Inspire and motivate the various IT and Business teams and stakeholders to get everyone moving in the same strategic direction.
- Understand the competitive landscape for Ingram Micro and overall trends in the distribution and 3PL industry GTM and use these insights to shape our product strategy.
Global Product Management Leadership: Lead a team of Product Owners (PO) and Product Managers (PM) to own the ‘what’ in terms of specifying ‘what our web and B2B delivery teams should build’, supporting these activities using the ‘Scrum/ Agile’ methodologies. Your PM team will drive online revenue growth, reductions in working capital and improved customer experiences.
- Be an expert in the Ingram Micro market spaces related to how our IT organization enables us to do business.
- Understand and prioritize customer needs (internal and external).
- Conduct various product performance analyses such as gap analysis to establish product differentiation and execution strategies that will lead to the product’s ultimate success.
- Conduct researches and analyses that lead to informed decision making on issues such as cost, utility, and timelines for product implementations.
- Provide competitive analysis on the market spaces that IM operates especially relative to the CX provided by our direct competitors.
- Develop and manage our IT offering roadmaps for web, mobile and B2B experiences.
- Develop and deliver to the engineering teams, detailed requirements (epics and stories) for what they need to deliver on.
- Work with the engineering teams to manage the IT ‘product’ lifecycle, including EOL, platform and technology upgrades, especially in terms of what these choices mean for our customers (internal and external).
Strategy: Partner with the Strategy leader to help ensure that Ingram Micro has a robust product strategy that will address the needs of our customers while aligning with the company's strategic objectives. Create and manage a formal discipline around the strategic thinking and product ideation capabilities within the innovation and delivery teams (web and B2B), leading the direction of our product and capability roadmaps that reflect reseller, vendor and company specific needs.
Marketing and Evangelism: As the marketing lead and evangelist for the product portfolio, you will meet and interact directly with current and prospective internal and external customers in an effort to relay to them the products’ value and benefits while simultaneously sourcing feedback and assessing their reception and experience with the products and gain great buy-in and product adoption across the company as a result of amazing communication, training and marketing materials delivered to each different set of stakeholder audiences.
Innovation: Partner with the Innovation leader to drive (or facilitate) product and technology innovation and participate in our global innovation program that facilitates the identification and smart adoption/investment of new technologies at Ingram Micro.
What you bring to the role:
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s desired) in Computer Science, Engineering, or related Science and Math discipline is required.
- 10+ years of IT experience working in a complex international environment with globally dispersed product management teams.
- 5+ years of experience managing high performing technical product teams of at least 10 associates.
- Management experience reporting metrics, setting standards\guidelines, implementing process improvements, team performance and management.
- Expertise in leading, defining and managing complex solutions portfolios and platforms that are globally scalable in eCommerce and B2B.
- A successful track record of defining and launching multi-tier distribution and subscription offerings.
- Experience doing research and analysis, fluency working with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ability to deconstruct industry and competitor trends to inform roadmaps.
- Strong executive presence with outstanding communication/presentation skills (verbal and written). Should have a high degree of comfort effectively presenting to executive staff, key stakeholders, and large teams.
- Experience in working with and coordinating large-scale projects across teams.
- Passion for quality and commitment to creating engaging, intuitive experiences.
- A strong leader and change agent who can energize and influence staff across functions, levels and geographies.
- Experience leading, mentoring and growing a team of product managers.
- Strong interpersonal and talent management skills, including the ability to identify and develop talent.
- Ability to work with remote partners and team members via online tools across different time zones with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Position may require occasional travel, including international travel.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.