Outbound Transportation Planner 1st shift 6 AM - 2:30 PM
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 37205
Description WHO IS INGRAM MICRO?Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Life cycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates.Responsibilities:
- The candidate will plan, design and conduct research to interpret and forecast trends.
- Devise methods and procedures for collecting and processing operational data, utilizing knowledge of available sources of data and various evaluation tech.
- Create wave planning orders for operations.
- Expedite shipments when requested and file freight claims.
- Manage truck load shipments, daily shuttles, and customer reporting.
- This position will require working some weekend and holidays.
- This is a first shift position.
- The Outbound Transportation Planner is the central hub for mobility.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
- Experience planning and executing shipments in a Transportation Management system such as JDA, Mercury Gate or Red Prairie.
- Experience working with a WMS and Order Entry system.
- 2-5 years’ experience working with Transportation providers - Parcel carrier experience especially desirable.
- At a minimum intermediate level skills with MS Office tools - excel, work, access etc.
- Highly organized and able to multi task.
- Thrives in a high transaction and fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 4 year college degree in transportation, supply chain planning or related fields.