Dir, Cloud Sales-ESP
Alcobendas, Madrid, Spain
Job ID: 37369
Ingram Micro is changing how business is done in the cloud. Ingram Micro Cloud is a master cloud service provider (mCSP), offering channel partners and professionals access to a global marketplace, expertise, solutions and enablement programs that empower organizations to configure, provision and manage cloud technologies with confidence and ease.
The Director Cloud Spain is responsible for developing, managing and executing our cloud business in Spain, leading the local team within the region. She/he has overall accountability for achieving the sales and profit targets for all Ingram Micro Cloud vendors and creating the highest return for, both, Ingram Micro and vendor partners. A key 2022 goal is to achieve the 1st position in market share in the region by enabling the local cloud team to land the seat, expand the seat, and conquer the data center.
The Director, Cloud Spain will report to the Country Chief Executive with a dotted line to the VP Cloud Channel Sales Leader and will manage a cross-functional team of vendor management, cloud business operations and specialized sales professionals to execute strategy and drive impact within the business. She/he will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day and strategic operations of her/his team, including vendor negotiations, demand generation, vendor and partner program execution, budgeting/business planning, partner success, platform business operations, and GTM effectiveness for Spain.
- Build, develop and lead a high performing team of cloud professionals who will effectively drive growth and value creation for our reseller partners
- Install and execute the regional sales strategy, sales methodology, and GTM execution, in coordination with EMEA channel strategy, to substantially outgrow market pace; proactive identify issues and develop corrective action plans
- Ensure that executive business relations with cloud vendors are of the highest order, are proactive and that the engagement is continually monitored so that new initiatives can be introduced as required
- Drive the commercial readiness and execution of our vendor portfolio and ensure we sustain consistently profitable growth
- Ensure marketing plans are in place that focus on maximizing return on vendor investments which adopt a growth mindset measured by success in growing the topline
- Drive strong performance within the region by executing quarterly and annual vendor business planning, quarterly business reviews, and GTM planning
- Manage the regional portfolio P&L
- Ensure strong interlock planning with regional and country leadership
- Align priorities of local team in support of EMEA GTM priorities; leverage resources and expertise between the broader regional team as appropriate
- Manage complex contract negotiations and be accountable for contract adoption and execution in line with agreed commitments
- Work with the team to accelerate partner acquisition through new digital routes to market
- Ensure the operating model is installed, documented, and adopted to optimize efficiency and speed of cross-functional processes, from vendor mgmt. to cloud operations to sales execution
- Plans, organizes, assigns, oversees and evaluates the work of the cloud team; conducts proactive performance management, coaching and career development solutions
- Responsible for partnering with other internal divisions/operations to help in the management and resolution of day to day issues related to the cloud business
- Other duties and projects as assigned by manager
Qualification and experience:
- 5+ years of experience working with channel partners in a sales management role or similar
- 8+ years of proven business development and marketing experience in the software/technology industry or other relevant industry
- Strong business and commercial acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving, growing and managing a partner portfolio
- In-depth knowledge of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, Cloud & Digital Commerce and market trends preferred
- Solid people management skills with proven ability to effectively lead and develop high-performing and engaged sales and marketing teams
Key Skills and attributes:
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to coach others in the development of their skills
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines
- Able to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed
- Able to analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion
- Able to facilitate group interactions. Able to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Able to serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues
- Able to set high short/long-term goals/standards of performance for self, subordinates, and others
- Able to supervise, train, and evaluate the performance of subordinates
- Able to think strategically and tactically
- Able to maintain a positive attitude in the face of criticism, rejection, or failure
- Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- The suitable candidate may be based in Barcelona or Madrid.