Transportation Wave Planner 1st shift 6 AM - 2:30 PM
This job posting is no longer active.
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 37392
Description WHO IS INGRAM MICRO?Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Life cycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates.
Outbound Transportation Wave Planner
Oversee receiving, handling and rotating and storing of supplies in warehouses. Analyze and resolve delivery issues in a timely fashion. Provide assistance to supply chain, warehouse, materials, IT and transportation teams when needed. Review and recommend improvements to current product distribution parameters.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Employ wave planning processes and applications to maintain optimal workflow levels within the facility
- Provide planning support and technical oversight
- Create wave planning orders for operations
- Resolve order product shortages
- Manage truck load shipments, daily shuttles, and customer reporting.
- Release work to the work queue in a manner that ensures maximum levels of interleaving, productivity, and carrier turn times
- Ensure dock office is utilizing outbound dock optimization functionality for each receipt and order
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects and safety programs
- Continually evaluate effectiveness of systems and recommend changes where appropriate
- Troubleshoot and correct systems problems
- Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift
- Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
- 2+ yrs exp working with Transportation providers
- Knowledge of small parcel, LTL, FTL shipments
- Ability to pay close attention to detail; able to multi-task
- Strong communication skills - written, organizational, and verbal skills
- Must be able to relate to a variety of people and cultures
- Experience as a clerk in a warehouse / distribution environment, performing duties such as transportation coordination, inventory, shipping / receiving, coordinating with various carriers, vendor and customers strongly preferred
- Ability to make quick, reliable decisions
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of WMS systems; ie RedPrairie, JDA, MercuryGate
- Recognize, resolve, and correct discrepancies pertaining to the warehouse, transportation, and inventory
- This position will require working some weekend and holidays
- This is a first shift position
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
- Bachelors and/or Associates degree in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain or related fields