Snr Project Manager, Cyber Security
Job ID: 37407
This position is expected to focus on leading and managing customers projects in a Consulting Services industry sector. The candidate will be required to take the lead in performing project management functions (not exhaustive).
- Project Cost and Schedule Estimation
- Project Scoping
- Revenue Management
- Project Initiation
- Project Planning
- Stakeholders Management & Presentation
- Project Resource and Schedule Management
- Communication and Reporting
- Project Accounting
- Project Risk Management
- Project Issue Management and Resolution
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Project Review and Audit
- Contract Management and Review
- Project Acceptance Management
- Project Best Practice Creation and Enablement
The suitable candidate should preferably have experiences leading and managing enterprise scale Cyber Security Implementation or Consulting projects. He or she must be assertive, able to manage customers expectation and objection, and sustain Customers’ respect of the profession and outcome. The candidate should preferably have one or more cybersecurity domain knowledge around Cloud Security, Security Operation Centre (SOC), Data Governance and Identity Management.
This role operates in a Technology Distributor environment. The candidate will be expected to have competency to manage multi internal and external stakeholders in the course of his work and in a matrix organization.
- Engagement with Account Managers to understand the partners and end customers project requirement.
- Engagement with System Integrators / Solution Providers / Resellers (Partners) to understand the projects to be contracted with the end customers and the deliverable expectation.
- Engagement with End Customers to project manage the project implementation and acceptance.
- Engagement with Vendors in situation where SMEs or engineering escalation and support is required.
The expected duties of this role are as follow:
- To perform as Project Manager for multiple concurrent enterprise Cyber Security projects
- Project Management functions as described above.
- To participate and contribute to project pre-sales financial and efforts estimation.
- To participate and contribute to creation of statement of work. There will be occasions that candidate is expected to lead and own the statement of work creation.
- To participate and contribute to tenders / RFP response and submission.
- To project manage any tenders / RFP response (where requested).
- To present the project management experience in pre-sales presentation to enable the sales team to pursue the opportunities.
- To work with the consultants creating workaround solution to project issues surfaced that is beyond a product capability.
- To negotiate for Vendor support to Customer issues if applicable.
- To manage and enforce project hygiene and discipline (utilization, financial and behavior)
- To mentor consultants who aspired to move into a project management role.
- To mentor consultants on the basic of project management that enable them to be self-sufficient to manage small projects.
- To create and promote repeatable project collaterals / templates
- To create and enable project management best practice, use cases and collaterals for a learning organization.
- Occasional travel within ASEAN & Hong Kong may be required.
- Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in Information Security/Computer Science or Project Management or equivalent
- At least 8 years experience in IT Project Management solution
- Project management experience in a vendor environment
- Have experience and is knowledgeable of a consulting services business operation and matrices
- Preferably have around 5 years’ experience in managing enterprise scale Cyber Security projects
- Certification in PMP or Prince2 or ITCPM will be added advantage
- Have some experiences in project managing and / or implementing the following security solutions are preferred:
- Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Data Centre Security (DCS), Compliance, Encryption and SIM Solution
- RSA Netwitness, WTD, AAoP
- IBM Qradar, Guardium, Secret Server
- McAfee SIEM, DLP, EPO
- Cisco Stealthwatch and ISE
- Any other similar solution of above from other global security vendors
- Outcome-driven attitude
- Can-do attitude with ability to deliver a quality result
- Must be proactive and able to work without supervision
- Ability to take stress
- Strong understanding of TCPIP, Internetworking, Firewalls, IDS and IPS
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent communication with English and Mandarin
- Able to manage customer expectation and objection
- Willingness to learn new technologies and security domains