Inventory Control Team Lead (1st Shift)
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 37420
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
This job is located at our PDC facility.
Provides direct leadership of all assigned personnel to ensure inventory is accurate. Responsible for coordinating Cycle counts, responding to customer and operation inventory concerns, submitting and performing adjustments on all transactions not on a PO or outbound order. Must have working knowledge of all areas within the distribution center.
Major Essential Functions:
- Responsible for ensuring cycle counts requirements are meet.
- Monitoring email to respond to specific inventory changes, needs or concerns.
- Accountable for both Regular and Temporary labor and coordinates activities that ensure ISO policies are followed
- Maintains the integrity of all Quality and inventory goals/metrics that provide world class services to our customers
- Will be required to be proficient in Warehouse Management Systems and review reports auto generated from the system.
- Communicates with Operations Supervisor and Managers areas of concern.
- Ownership of safety and housekeeping in assigned areas and ensures we meet or exceed all OSHA guidelines
- Provides daily cross-training of associates (regular and temporary) to establish pool of talent to work in any distribution center area
- Provides leadership and guidance to all staff for continual improvement of key functions and activities to improve efficiency and meet increasing customer and business demands
- Maintains a professional, helpful attitude in dealings with co-workers, supervisors and their departmental personnel at all times
- Demonstrates Ingram Micro’s values: Accomplishment, Integrity, Quality, Learning, Respect, and Community involvement
- Responsible for additional tasks as assigned to meet or exceed the expectations of customers and/or Ingram Micro management based on our fluid business needs.
- Will be integral part of planning, prepping and completing yearly PI’s.
- High School or GED or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3+ years in a fast paced, high volume distribution center.
- Forklift certification to allow for operation of all material handling equipment in the distribution center preferred.
- RF scanners, WMS, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, basic math skills.
- Material handling equipment – floor sweeper, stretch wrapper, workstation PC, Printers, RF guns, printers, label printers.
- Must identify and report problems in a timely manner.
- Contributes to building a positive team and puts success of the team above own interest.
- Assists in operating the facility in a cost effective manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including proficient use of MS Office Suite.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.