Sr IT Business Analyst
Greenville, SC, United States
Job ID: 36851
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
If you are highly motivated and excited by the idea that you can make a positive business impact for our customers our NETX USA IT Business Analyst position could be your next career calling. You will be working with customers, business partners, and internal departments to analyze customer requests, propose solutions, and manage the delivery of the solutions. As part of a Business Analyst team that will handle projects both independently and in tandem, you will document SOWs, function design specifications, and SOPs. Projects that you will manage will focus heavily on a third party and home-grown software packages including WMS, Web-based applications, multiple ERP and Accounting packages, SAP, CRM, and custom API integration interfaces. Working with our Sales executives you will serve as our customers technical subject matter experts and work with the development team to deliver a seamless customer experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Interpreting and defining requests for system changes from other departments. Defining scope and creating SOWs
- Working with development to define specifications and Level of Effort (LoE)
- Working with a structured SLDC – Agile Development shop
- Working with department heads to discuss improvements to current processes, providing guidance on system capabilities, and approving workflow changes
- Working with customers to understand their system usage needs for requested software package changes
- Defining and documenting workflows for existing and proposed processes with Visio
- Use of Jira / Excel to plan, organize and deliver project milestones
- Internal user training on new features and releases of system software packages
- UAT - Testing requested feature changes before release to ensure desired functionality
- Creating and publishing of instructional documentation for feature releases – SOPs
This position requires:
- Candidates should have at least a two-year degree in a related PM/BA/technical field
- Minimum two years’ experience within the project management or business analyst field with a focus on software packages or core business process OR two years of PHP development experience
- In-depth experience in SAP integration, maintenance, and training users.
- Basic fundamental understanding of network infrastructure and common application layer TCP/IP protocols
- Excellent communications skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely on a professional level with the ability to adapt to audiences of varying technical skill levels
- Thorough at the documentation (technical writing experience a plus)
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Visio
- Ability to manage time effectively while working both unsupervised and as a team
- Self-motivated and driven to meet goals and commitments set by management
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.