The Sr. Manager of Product Development is a key member of the Ingram Micro ITAD IS leadership team. He/she will oversee all product development functions including software, product verification, product definition, technology selection, and overall product architecture.
As the leader of the application development team, the successful candidate will have several immediate priorities, including, but not limited to:
- Provide focused leadership to the product development organization that will foster success based on a culture of respect for the customer and fellow employees, integrity, collaboration and partnership, innovation, and a strong desire to win and to meet commitments.
- Mentor, motivate and develop a winning team
- Partner closely with the Sales, Customer Service, Operations, Security, Network & Infrastructure and Engineering teams to understand their processes and subsequently to create a solution roll-out that is both highly responsive to, and drives, the market and that delivers on-time and on-quality.
- Partner closely with customers to understand their needs and processes and establish any technology integrations with their existing platforms.
- Be the front face for all ITAD business leaders for any IS needs and help facility solutions with the pertinent groups within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Works with the Director - IS to create and manage the corporate strategic plan.
- Create product roadmaps based on the needs of the various groups keeping in mind industry needs and processes.
- Convert product requirements into highly profitable, high quality commercialized solutions that allow Ingram Micro ITAD to continue to lead the market.
- Build and lead a highly motivated, high quality product development team that is committed to produce the best solutions in the industry on-time and on-budget.
- Manage a resource plan that ensures that all members of the team are focused on the most critical tasks and are operating at peak effectiveness.
- Ensure that very strong alignment exists within the product development team and across other interdependent organizations – be a strong, clear communicator.
- Act as the product/technology expert at customer meetings and industry events.
- Work with operations to create and deliver cost reduction targets.
- Work with the customer support organization to ensure that field issues are addressed in a timely manner and any learnings are fed into the development process.
- Work with various Ingram Micro groups to integrate customers with Ingram Micro ITAD and/or other Ingram Micro solutions as needed.
- Provide a network (internal and external resources) to technically support product and software deployed in our targeted markets.
- Definition of, and management to budget requirements.
- Develop and maintain an Intellectual Property Strategy consistent with the business strategy including ensuring that all novel concepts are targeted as potential patent applications.
- Training and development of new personnel within department and other departments.
- Establish and utilize effective business relationships with key influencers in target markets.
- Act as the product development lead on potential acquisition diligence and on subsequent integration planning and implementation.
Job Knowledge, Skill & Ability Qualifications:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – able to achieve results through positive influence and to create alignment both inside and outside their organization through strong communication.
- Able to thrive in, and foster in others, an entrepreneurial culture.
- Strong systems thinker – able to quickly understand how the various pieces come together in a system and the role each element plays in that system.
- Highly creative, high energy individual with a hands-on style.
- Very comfortable in a technology centric company and able to quickly grasp new and existing technology concepts in order to be able to articulate the value to customers and potential customers.
- Solid understanding of the make/buy decision process and able to look beyond personalities to understand what is best for the company and to make the right decision.
- Able to successfully utilize technology partnerships to accelerate time to market.
- Understands the nuances of developing, selling, delivering, and supporting both hardware and software centric solutions.
- A proven track record of building, managing, and leading highly motivated, highly qualified product development teams that deliver to commitments and corporate goals.
- Ability to work effectively across the organization and build strong peer relationships, particularly with sales, customer service and Engineering.
- Understanding of the transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain and ITAD markets.
- Able to look at a technology and quickly grasp the short and long term opportunity and consequences for Ingram Micro ITAD and be able to articulate those effectively across the organization.
- Always operates with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Travel requirement estimated at 20% minimum.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.