Ingram is looking for Network/Server Engineers. You should love finding simple solutions to big problems, and care not only about the efficiency and maintainability of applications, but the way it helps other teams do their jobs. You’ll get to work with great people on systems that serve to achieve their best potentials.
This Position's primary focus may be in the areas of Server and Network operations, user and desktop support (hardware and software), and Server backups/maintenance where needed. Performs a variety of moderately complex information technology support duties to ensure smooth delivery of technology services. Monitors, operates, or coordinates and assists others in the operation of computer hardware, software, and peripherals in order to achieve desired results.
Utilizes computer equipment, software and diagnostic tools to perform a broad range of customer assistance, production job processing, and equipment maintenance and repair and computer operations assignments. Requires minimum supervision and may act as lead when the need arises.
Updates Supervisor on status of projects or technical issues. Ability to Handle Projects and execute them in areas of Telephony will be an added advantage. Exercises judgment and creativity in selecting and applying procedures correctly, and determines when to refer problems to the supervisor or next level of support. May provide information to associates on established policies and procedures, or services provided. Align with Global and Regional teams for deployment of global directives and able to communicate for various project initiatives globally.
Job Role and Expectations:
Reporting to the IS Manager, you will be responsible for/to:
- Server/ Network/ Data centre with the goal to achieve stable IT operations.
- Ensure Server, Network and System access security on a day-to-day basis. Application of Windows Patches on a Monthly Schedule and ensuring Server stability after deployment.
- Ensure required Server documentation is maintained and completed to conform to laid IT standards.
- VMware VSAN Infra Setup with eSXI 6.7 onwards. vMotion, HA and DRS Setup.
- Manage PABX administration: Cisco CUCM IP and VOIP
- Good to have knowledge of Cloud Backup Software like Actifio / Rubrik.
- Server Setup / Administration, Security deployment (Patches, Anti-virus, Firewall & others) and Infrastructure Reporting. Backup and Restore on tapes and Disaster Recovery.
- Regional scope: Deploy and Support IT infrastructure (Security + office automation) for some affiliates in the region.
- Network processing, centralized and distributive network connection, including Installing, configuring, and administering network technologies.
- Ample knowledge for Win 2012 onwards Server Setups.
- Active directory management, NTFS security, disk quota management
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, RARP, FTP, TFTP)
- Well understanding of Bridging and switching concepts and LAN technologies
- IP addressing and subnetting, Routing concepts
- Sound knowledge of routing protocols - RIP V1/V2, OSPF, IGRP & EIGRP
- Switches: Basic Configuration & VLAN setup on Cisco Switches.
- Router: Basic Configuration & monitoring of Cisco Switches.
- VLAN: Configuration, switching isl, dotlq
- Back-up and Restore of all critical Servers including router & switches IOS, Outlook, DHCP, DNS
- Functioning knowledge of WAN Solutions, protocol HDLC, PPP
- Deployment of OS via RIS
- Working knowledge of DHCP Server, DNS Server, Print Server, File Server on windows
- Security administration port security on switch and IP security on Router via Access list
- Setting up Secure NFS Servers with multiple Clients for File and Disk sharing.
- Continuous Improvement via Trainings / Self Learnings on latest Technologies etc to keep us most up to date with rapidly changing landscape.
- Willingness to work outside of Office hours based on Network Requirements as part of Regional/Global Initiatives.
- Knowledge of any Scripting Language.
Work Split and Cross Functional Requirements:
As part of Local IS team we try to ensure that associates get all round exposure to various technologies and able to cross skill and support other areas based on Requirements.
60% - Server and Network Administration and support on going Global Initiatives and enhancements.
20% - Be able to support Desktop teams for day to day end user functions.
20% - Understand Internal Applications and be able to provide support for any activities pertaining to that.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in Server & Network Administration.
- Infrastructure Project and management skills.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE, MCDBA) and CCNA certification will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and technical skills and effective in problem-solving.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual with strong command of spoken and written English.
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer Service oriented.
Hands on experience is a MUST for the followings:
- Windows Server, Network, Security administration and MS SQL server administration.
- Network Switches/Router/Firewall configuration and setup.